Can the derby date be changed?

Errrr, let me take a wild stab - maybe it's got something to do with alcohol, combined with pissed up and pissed off fans.
Shit, forgot about that law that made pubs shut, city fans go home and bitter utd fans behave all day after we win the title against them with a lunch time kick off.

Shit, forgot about that law that made pubs shut, city fans go home and bitter utd fans behave all day after we win the title against them with a lunch time kick off.

Now, now - no need to be facetious. FWIW, I agree - whatever time it kicks off, fans will find a way of getting wankered. I've plenty of personal experience on that ;)

If its anything like after the QPR game , you wont see a Rag in town after the match if we win the league in the derby game , they will all crawl back under their rocks.

Yes that idiot commonly known as Klopp is kicking off that is has been changed. What did he want Sunday and then Tuesday !!!

The strange thing was that he was so surprised about it. I took it for granted that people at City and Liverpool would have had contingency plans in place given the possibility of one or both of the two derbies having to be rearranged. Surely they would have been fully aware of the possibility of games being switched? It was inevitable once they were allocated the Wed/Tues slots that their derby would be brought forward and would be given the 12.30 slot. And yet it seemed to come as a complete surprise to him. He seemed to be arguing that their derby should have been switched to 3pm (when it couldnt be televised) which was never going to happen.

I'm curious as to how the decision is taken as to which of the QF ties are played on Tues/Wed and which are played on Wed/Tues. I would have expected both City and Liverpool to have been lobbying strongly for the Tues/Wed slots given the importance of the weekend fixtures. Are the dates pre-determined by the order in which the draw is made or were we both stitched up by BT and/or UEFA?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.