Can they ever be caught?

Nose Neville keeps bringing up the trophy tallys in the last few years, since 2010 I think, making the point that these are City's glory years compared to United's "lean period". He's counting things like charity shields.
Hopefully this season shuts him up on that front.

I'm convinced that he was so critical of Arsenal on Sunday (which was OTT in my opinion) as he was that pissed off at City winning a trophy.
I didn't think Arsenal were that bad tbh. First half they were causing us problems.

My thinking exactly....further to this the media/press backlash towards Arsenal this week is so intense this is only to get a reaction from Arsenal on Thursday.Then we get the sh1t thrown at us...#noagendathough

In time, perhaps but it will be very difficult. Both united and Liverpool had period of complete dominance but, as good as they were, other teams in the league were not what they are today. With the money in the Premier League nowadays, teams in the bottom half of the table can have some quality players in their squad. Just look at some of the players that have been relegated this season.

On top of this, the top 6 is a top 6; or at least a top 5. At the start of this season I think most football fans were expecting City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and united to all be competing for the title.

A the end of Season 10/11 they had 19 we had 2 and hadn't won one for 43 years. The idea of catching them was frankly ludicrous. Now its 20-5. Another 10 years 22-9 maybe - would take best part of 50 years but never say never.

My personal 'goal' is to see us reach 10. Pass Sunderland, Villa and Everton. I can see us fighting it out with Chelsea to be 4th on the list over the next 20 years.

Enjoy every single win and let history take care of itself is my moto though.

Simple answer is – of course they can!
Remember the scousers taunting the Trafford scum - "come back when you've won 18"? The bin-dippers didn't think they'd be caught, let alone over-taken!
There was a time (prior to Busby) that any sane Mancunian would look at you daft if you said the Rags would be bigger than City!
Also, Barcelona - considered possibly the biggest team in the world, only won their first CL trophy in 1991/92!
Never say never!

It'll be hard. United caught Liverpool cos they've not won a league for 30 years. I think we'll accumulate more league wins than united in the foreseeable future but they will continue to win it periodically so the target will be continually moving.

I'd like to think we can, under Pep we should carry on picking up a trophy or 2 each season. Just worries me when Pep goes, we will then have the same issues the rags have had with instability and change of style. Would be amazing to keep going at this trajectory for a few years. We certainly deserve it as fans, but then so do 86 other clubs in their own eyes.

Money in football is getting more and more concentrated in the hands of a few clubs, so in theory, one or two clubs dominated in the same way is getting more likely, not less. The only reason why it might not happen is because they'll likely be one of the two or three clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.