can we keep the big 2 from spain away

i really hope to god we keep everybody and go on to win many champions league and titles and i think manchester city and pep can rule the world for 5 years if they want it its not the money at manchester city forget that we can offer anything the others can but real madrid and barca are the dream club for many players its the bucket list to tick off jesus will want to play for another big club and in spain i also think sane has dreams of playing for real madrid or barca

like i said in 5 years time can manchester city win everything in club football yes does that give the young players a challenge yes are they going to be like messi and wanting to stay forever who knows but i know jesus and sane and KDB are not only world class but "galacticos" and need to be headliners a global household name kids wanting man city shirts with jesus on the back so can manchester city offer that around the world that's my fear are we big enough to be on that level i hope so

Jesus picked us over Barcelona and Madrid though, so he's had his chance already. And why would he want a change when we're able to compete at the same level?
Times change, even for the likes of Barça and Madrid, and I believe City can be an attractive proposition to any galactico, despite the weather and the lack of appeal of Manchester as a city.
If we can maintain this sort of level or even improve upon it and consistently challenge for the CL then there's no doubt that the City brand will benefit from it and reach a truly global audience. That seems to be the ambition anyway and we don't seem too far off. (check the reactions below)

Last edited:
We match them in everything but weather. Unless your a total sniveling fool it will not bother you. Kun takes his kid to the same toy railway station i used to ride as a kid and his boy loved it, probably still does i know i would love to get on it again hehe. I do not see "to small for the prem" Dave to arsed either. These are players who walk into any team in the world.

I honestly thing we closed down that "can they keep them" stuff almost instantly, as in 5-6 years ago. All the papers made it up about Real wanting Kun and not a dicky bird from them or a groan from Kun either. We keep the players we want and they are happy to stay.

If they are footballers and want the world of it we are a top choice for any player. Gabriel Jesus turned down Barca for us remember, this was his comment not some fluff paper article. They guy put it down he chose us over Barca, the best young player in the world imo bar none saw us and decided we are a better bet than Barca.

Sergio,vinny,yaya,merlin etc,short memory you have there

Not short of memory lol.

Yet none of the big teams have come calling for them to date and are still here. <Thank god>

My point being is the whole team is different to what it was back then.....our team oozes quality ALL over the pitch.

As long as we have Pep I think we can keep hold of them. However, when Pep leaves Jesus will probably be a target for the Spanish giants if he fulfils his potential as he will be entering his peak years.
That's my only worry. But keep pep and we will not only keep players but others will want to join. A bit of success in Europe under pep and even after he departs, we will continue to attract top players. Plus we will get another top manager when pep decides his time is up. That said I'm not sure he's in a rush to leave. This will pretty much be the first side he has " built " and there's a lot more to come

I think KDB will stay for as long as we want him. I don't believe he has any interest in going to Spain.

Sane and Jesus though I cant see staying as long as say Aguero and Silva have.

Bayern would love De Bruyne, Sané or Jesus but we all know they don't like spending big. Barcelona probably don't have the financial power to pull it off at the moment- we saw they had to let Dani Alves go and backed off Coutinho because they needed to pay Messi and Suarez's wages. I think PSG is less attractive prospect than us- worse team spirit, less competitive league, no Pep.

Real are the only potential concern but with their current generation coming through (Asensio, Kovacic etc) they may not need to spend big.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.