Can we win the title this season ?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cyberblue, 15 Jul 2017.

1. ManCityX

ManCityX

We would have needed the 2nd highest points total in the history of English football to win the title.

That team were no where near good enough to accomplish that.

We won the first 10 games due to a number of factors, including new manager syndrome.

When we won the league previously we had younger/better fullbacks, fit Kompany, Hart at his best,Yaya at his best and a selection of up to 4 centre forwards who were of great quality.

You only had to look at the bench options last season to see how far our strength in depth had dropped as well.

2. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

You make some fair points mate, hopefully everything goes well this season

3. MancInAus

MancInAus

With Mendy, short answer yes.

I look at our transfers over the past couple of seasons up to now and finally we are on the right track. Look at who we have signed in the past 24 months - De Bruyne, Stones, Bernardo Silva, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Walker and Mendy. Every single one Bar Walker will increase in value over the next few seasons, being worth than what we paid for them, surely? That makes good transfer business in my eyes.

Look across the city, where the media seem to cast a shining light in terms of transfer activity. Bar Eric Bailly, have united signed any players who are going to increase in value or market price over the next season? Lukaku will not be worth more than 75 million next year no matter how well he does this season, Pogba? Any club gonna spend 90 million on him again? Mata, Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Rojo, even Lindleof? Not sure sure...

4. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

If we get the defensive signings in that we are chasing then we will walk it.

5. Alec-mcfc

Alec-mcfc

we can win it all this season

6. peoffrey

peoffrey

Whoever finishes above City will win the league. 2nd at the very worst for me. Anything less is unacceptable after a thoroughly underwhelming 2016/17.

Chelsea will suffer with the Champions League to play in as will Spurs in their new home at Wembley. Arsenal are falling apart and United are work in progress too. They won pots last season but they're not significant trophies.

It's City's title to lose, IMHO.

7. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    If we sell Aguero we wont!

8. peoffrey

peoffrey

We could always replace him with Mbappe. A 100 million bid could see him sold.

9. Indaparkside

Indaparkside

Hi Dave did I here right today, with all the defensive problems we had last season we were still 3/4 the best defensive side in the league remarkable when you think of all the shit we had

10. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

I know, mate. It was daft errors rather than consistent poor defending which cost us.