Can we win the title this season?

I remember the spurs game in 2012, balo stamp, Tevez elbow against Barton Qpr. Were they fixed then or just decisions which went our way?

Ha ha, Frank, you've been on that memory affecting crack pipe of yours again. As I recall, the Balo 'stamp' (and even that definition was arguable) wasn't seen by the ref, yet in the year's biggest non-shock he copped for retrospective action and an absolute media witch hunt, and the Tevez elbow (which was even more arguable) wasn't seen either.

Anyway, there's a world of difference between those two unseen incidents and the 2 truly outrageous penalties afforded the rags in the run-in against QPR and Villa (?) following comedy dives by Crashley Young, and the even more preposterous sending off of Clint Hill at the Swamp. Or how about Fatty Dowd on the final day in 2014 at Klanfield, when with Liverpool losing he sent off 2 Newcastle players for the mildest (to the point of being imperceptible) dissent ever seen on a football pitch, to try and get the dippers back into the contest.

it will be us and chelski, utd and spurs with arsenal and liverpool pushing us

Liverpool - have got a really settled team in all areas....no bedding in of lots of new players, manager has been there a few seasons now.......should be able to give it a real push

chelski - the team to beat.....they have it all...physicality and the skill....they have lost costa but have gained morata.....they will be there or there about

Utd - a very physical team being moulded by PEG. Might not be the most attractive football but it will be effective against a lot of teams home and away....Lukaku improves them a lot...dont know much about the centre half they bought but they were very solid defensively anyway last year.

Arsenal - really depends.....Lacazette is a very good purchase for them but the Sanchez saga could be key......if they keep him and get him performing then they are stronger than last year. Defensively however they are still vulnerable (Like us)

spurs- bit like liverpool that they have a very settled squad, an excellent manager and a great balance to their team...they play decent football and in Deli Ali and the big lad that plays central midfield for them they have a great spine to the team with Kane up front and two very decent centre halves....I expect them t be there or thereabouts as well.

Us - depends on a number of key things. If we don't buy another centre half, then the fitness of Kompany is absolutely key. With him everyone looks better (esp ottomendi and stones)...the new fullbacks should help and at least walker knows the league so the bedding in of Mendy and Danilo are crucial....again the keeper situation is also imperative. Ederson needs to be on it from the start. Bravo was woeful last season and I don't hold any hope for him being any better this season. He looked like he didnt want to be here last year and doesn't have the mindset to play in the prem league.....Id much prefer another gk than him but it could really be our achilles heel again this year if Ederson doesn't come upto scratch.

If we don't Pep's in trouble with the amount he'll spend by the time the season starts

Ha ha, Frank, you've been on that memory affecting crack pipe of yours again. As I recall, the Balo 'stamp' (and even that definition was arguable) wasn't seen by the ref, yet in the year's biggest non-shock he copped for retrospective action and an absolute media witch hunt, and the Tevez elbow (which was even more arguable) wasn't seen either.

Anyway, there's a world of difference between those two unseen incidents and the 2 truly outrageous penalties afforded the rags in the run-in against QPR and Villa (?) following comedy dives by Crashley Young, and the even more preposterous sending off of Clint Hill at the Swamp. Or how about Fatty Dowd on the final day in 2014 at Klanfield, when with Liverpool losing he sent off 2 Newcastle players for the mildest (to the point of being imperceptible) dissent ever seen on a football pitch, to try and get the dippers back into the contest.

Oh Exeter you really do have it bad.

When the first Newcastle player was sent off we were leading 2-0 at home to West Ham and Liverpool were leading 2-1 (the finished result).

So for those sending offs to have any influence we would have had to concede 3 at home to West Ham in 24 minutes or alternatively West ham force a draw and Liverpool to score another 13 and win 15-1 to over turn us on goal difference.

So please let me know which result Fatty Dowd hoped for when he decided to fix the match, to make it a contest' and risk a jail term
for? Which result was he expecting at the Etihad? In fairness to you its not the most implausible of conspiracy theories I have read on here.

Let me know when you have finished with the crack pipe again.

If we don't Pep's in trouble with the amount he'll spend by the time the season starts
DailyMail is updating Pep's total spend with every new signing. It's 370m now. The final figure will be put up after every single defeat for sure.

The amount we spend has nothing to do with the pressure he's under IMO.

Mansour isn't counting pennies, he's looking for trophies and if Pep spent £100m or £300m the pressure will still be trophy related.

Last edited:
Anything less then the title will be a massive failure.

Our additions this window are unmatched and we now or will have very soon quality in every position.

With this squad we should be targeting the league, at least one domestic cup and if get Sanchez and I think we will, the Champions League.

This is make or break for Pep, I have faith in him but if he doesn't deliver the title, it's time to go.

I can see Mansour and Khaldoon giving Pep much more leeway than Pellegrini and Mancini. We don't build a foundation around him only to sack him after two seasons.

Yes, we can win it. Doesn't mean we will. We have some absolutely outstanding players and the defence should be sorted out.

Rivals:
Rags - should not be underestimated. Will be hard to beat and the FA would love them to win the title.
Red Scouse - decent side with a decent manager. Will have to cope with Champions League though, and one you get past the first XI the squad's a bit thin.
Chelsea - formidable side with a great manager. Champs League to cope with this time, which means less recovery time.
Arsenal - can't see it, to be honest. But contender for top 4.
Spurs - another decent side with a decent manager, well settled. But now have to play all games at Wembley. Could make it tough for them.

So, yeah, we can win, but it won't be easy. In my view the Rags and Chelsea are the main threats, but you never know. It might be Liverpool's year - it has to be eventually!

Doomed and lots of gloom if kompany gets injured..we need a centre half as cover and also to give Vinny a rest..then we win the title and go to the champs league final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.