Can we win the title this season?

Had my first bet on us today at 7/4 - will keep investing during the season. More than hopeful.

So are you saying what we really need is better ability at finishing chances created?

@Marvin, you'd want to hear this :)
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we made it easy for the corrupt elements within the game to take full advantage of us. Take the Chelsea game at home. If we'd have scored that chance to go 2 up would that nonsense have happened with the referee screwing us over? No.

I thought we would romp it last season but it was not to be .if we get the players in that Pep wants we should be in with a great shout especially if Vinnie is injury free'ish (shouldn't we ?)

Until we can take 6 points off a side that ultimately were relegated (Middlesbrough) instead of just 2, then we'll struggle.

Hopefully this forth coming season once it has run it's course, and we've taken 18 points off the relegated teams........but I'm not sure that has ever happened since the takeover, I stand to be corrected....:-)

Having said all that, Pep will take us to another level, of that I'm convinced, which I hope translates into many happy days in the future.

Last edited:
If we get the rub of the green with decisions we will win the title by a country mile , but we know this will not happen Scudamore and company need the three fallen giants Goons/Dippers and Rags back in place to squeeze every last penny from the Premier League cash cow. Expect the same scandalous decisions we suffered last season and the same media witch hunt along with it ,but if we do scrape a title win it will be against all the odds , because i expect the Rags like last season to be gifted offside goals and refs turning blind eyes to red cards on a weekly basis.

we should at least give anyone a hard time to win it unlike last season.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we made it easy for the corrupt elements within the game to take full advantage of us. Take the Chelsea game at home. If we'd have scored that chance to go 2 up would that nonsense have happened with the referee screwing us over? No.
:( I liked it when that was what it sounded like you were saying. Especially because it is both true and telling...

To be honest, I don't think the refs screwed us over. Yes, we got lots of bad calls against us. But the refs were generally poor. More instrumental to our demise was our inability to finish chances.
But if as you've now said it isn't what you were saying, , well .... @Marvin as you were. Nothing to see here :)

we weren't great and consistent last season but ref did take care that we never manage to to it, whenever we had a chance to come close, they did all to stop us. we lost at least 10 points, either directly or what direct opposition got from games against us. with those 10 points things could finish on very different way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.