Cancelled car insurance for my son....anywhere I can look

30 in a 20 is probably more dangerous though.
Near a school, etc..

Not necessarily. All streets in Manchester, bar A roads, are 20. I was about to point out even the road near the abattoir just off Briscoe Lane where this happened.

If you stick to 20 there you'll have cars, buses, milk floats and cyclists on your tail.

Seems a bit harsh this

What's the story with the black box? Why do people have them?

So they can impose certain restrictions such as speed, mileage and times of day you drive to give you "cheap" insurance.

What's the story with the black box? Why do people have them?
My daughter had one when she passed her test, fitted by the insurers it monitors the driving. It reduced her first policy from £900 to £650. When she renewed it went down to £550, on the other hand her friends went up 30 %. All depends how much you trust your childrens driving whether they are worthwhile, and whether they remember they are being monitored, for her it was a great idea..

When I came back from abroad companies were reluctant to honour my no claims discount from abroad. Adrian Flux sorted me out and they really do know what they are doing. Just checked and they do deal with people who have had insurance cancelled. Don't know prices or anything but give this a go:

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/cancelled-car-insurance/

Tried them. Said they can't find anyone to insure him.

The black box thing is a joke. Some of his journeys haven't even logged. Plus one logged when he was in work and not even in the car.

It's just a bit crappy being tagged as having it cancelled for the rest of his life. Can't afford insurance now and still has 46 months left to pay on the car.

Anyway, we have asked them to reconsider and if there are any grounds to appeal in case box is faulty.

When he phoned first they couldn't tell him where the speeding was. Had to wait hours til they phoned him back. Their system kept showing up as errors.

When I came back from abroad companies were reluctant to honour my no claims discount from abroad. Adrian Flux sorted me out and they really do know what they are doing. Just checked and they do deal with people who have had insurance cancelled. Don't know prices or anything but give this a go:

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/cancelled-car-insurance/

Awwww Bollocks....I wish I'd have known that. I had to start all over again after 7 years abroad.

Shame AF couldn't help you out Monsall, if it all comes to a head and no-one will consider him try that Dominic littlewood on the telly or Martin Lewis money saving bloke (who is a blue) to 'have a look'.

TRB- I didn't get the full no claims but managed about 6 years (I'd got full no claims abroad). Took them some rooting around before they found it and I was in previously in Republic of Ireland where you usually are covered for the island of Ireland if I remember correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.