Car accident. Who's fault ?

We got hit a fortnight ago, waiting to turn right stationary and indicating, land rover behind pulls up and stops also, few second go by as we wait for traffic to clear so we can make the turn and...BANG! Hyundai driven by a lady apparently didn't see either of us stopped at 9am on a Saturday morning in clear and quiet conditions, and hit the trailer the land rover was pulling, which shot under the land rover and jerked it forward, which then hit us.

Her insurers, Admiral, have been very good, claiming all liability and getting the car fixed and replacement car within 48 hours. The only issue is that they are desperate for myself and my daughter, who were in the car at the time of the accident, to settle for personal injury asap, offered £500 each at first, then double that, before I'd even got in to see our GP, despite telling me that they pay out according to a scale of how long the injuries will affect you, so why would I settle before the full extent is known...

So, as said above, her fault hands down and surprised she's fighting it.

As has been stated multiple times, it is almost always the fault of the driver who hits the back of the car in front.

There could be some mud in the water if you, for example, went in to the oncoming lane if the entrance to your drive is a tight left hand turn in, then veered back over the left lane in front of the vehicle to the rear to get in to the entrance. If you were indicating correctly, then the person at the back should have slowed down to allow you to complete your manoeuvre - particularly if she was in any doubt as to your intentions.

For completeness I suggest you draw us all some annotated plans "to scale" indicating your relative positions, speeds, times and signalling - together with any other features of significance, such as parked vehicles, pedestrians, street furniture and so on. Perhaps in a small flip chart format.

Once we have completed our assessment we shall determine who is at fault.

If the other driver is found guilty by the great and good of bluemoon, it may be prudent to suggest that you see how she likes being smashed up the rear end?

As has been stated multiple times, it is almost always the fault of the driver who hits the back of the car in front.

There could be some mud in the water if you, for example, went in to the oncoming lane if the entrance to your drive is a tight left hand turn in, then veered back over the left lane in front of the vehicle to the rear to get in to the entrance. If you were indicating correctly, then the person at the back should have slowed down to allow you to complete your manoeuvre - particularly if she was in any doubt as to your intentions.

For completeness I suggest you draw us all some annotated plans "to scale" indicating your relative positions, speeds, times and signalling - together with any other features of significance, such as parked vehicles, pedestrians, street furniture and so on. Perhaps in a small flip chart format.

Once we have completed our assessment we shall determine who is at fault.

If the other driver is found guilty by the great and good of bluemoon, it may be prudent to suggest that you see how she likes being smashed up the rear end?
I LOL'd

This summarises what happened quite well as was a tight entrance, but I only went marginally in the middle of the road. She (clearly not concentrating, or having no insight) claimed she thought I was going right ('to do a U turn) despite no right indicator and despite me going the wrong way to do a right U-turn) and therefore she was trying to pass me on my passenger side.

Actually found them initially very unhelpful. But since the other side apparently wants me to take full liability, could that work in my favour?

If you are hit from behind the insurers accept it's the car that rammed the car in front is at fault . End of. That's why there were car loads of cars slamming their brakes on to have a car hit it - as it is standard protocol and they were taking advantage of it all claiming whiplash.

You have nothing to worry about put it in the hands of he insurers or just go to a credit hire company directly and not claim on insurance. They will sue the arse off her and give you a hire car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.