Car insurance dilemma

Three pages and nobody's mentioned claiming for whiplash. You're not fit to be called Mancs, you effete, law-abiding Lambrini sippers.

OP, be sure to do this before embarking on the aforesaid torching and truncheon bumming orgy.
I thought that went without saying!! ;-)

Hi Blues,
I have a bit of a dilemma that I would like your opinion on. A couple of weeks a go a 4x4 went into the back of my Corsa at a set of traffic lights. It resulted in a bit of damage at the back mainly the boot no longer opening and the lights smashed. I contacted my insurers and the car has been sent off for repair whilst I have a courtesy car. The contacted me this morning to say that they don't feel it's worth repairing and have offered me two options:
1) £7,654 to buy a new car. Or
2) I get my car back as is and £5,970 to repair it myself.
I'm unsure what to do as I know if I get my car back and fix it, it will be a Cat D. To me that isn't a problem but it means the sell on value will be dramatically reduced.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
A no brainer mate.New car especially if its his insurance thats footing the bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.