Car Insurance for Over-80s?

Big Swifty

My uncle is over 80 and is having trouble getting an affordable quote for renewing his car insurance. He has a clean record, no claims in 8 years, but is quoted enormous sums, e.g. Direct Line ££631, Tesco £1,629!
Does anyone know where he can get full insurance cover for a smaller annual payment?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Once you get to a certain age the rates increase (insurers can't kick you off the books anymore like they used to) so they provide you with a 'PLEASE PISS OFF' renewal figure. Try AGE or SAGA.

Also try going through a comparison site like go compare : remember two features - low mileage / include an additional diver

My uncle is over 80 and is having trouble getting an affordable quote for renewing his car insurance. He has a clean record, no claims in 8 years, but is quoted enormous sums, e.g. Direct Line ££631, Tesco £1,629!
Does anyone know where he can get full insurance cover for a smaller annual payment?

Thanks for any suggestions.
My Mum's 82 - nearly 83 actually - and with Liverpool Victoria and pays around £300 I think. No more than that certainly. She's had a claim in the past couple of years too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.