Car killing in Chorlton.

Without knowing the evidence it is impossible to predict if it will stick
However it will have been reviewed by a serious case review lawyer prior to charge so it will have passed very the necessary threshold test
So quite possibly

You can't remand someone if they haven't been charged. You can't charge unless you have so much evidence that they are basically fucked no matter what they do. This is down to the CPS. The CPS don't want to charge anyone who might get off with it at court as it affects their figures ffs. They want to achieve a very high conviction rate. Consequently, unless the shitbag is basically caught red handed, the CPS will say not enough evidence to charge and let them walk. CPS government Wankers.
That pesky thing called evidence is always such an inconvenience.

Charged yes, but what I'm saying is what is the likelihood of it being downgraded to manslaughter. Thought murder needs a motive and intent etc.

I'm no QC though hence my question bud
If you intend to cause someone serious harm and they then die then a charge of murder is made out. Driving a heavy chunk of metal at someone at speed deliberately can only be an intent to cause serious harm, hence the charge.

If you intend to cause someone serious harm and they then die then a charge of murder is made out. Driving a heavy chunk of metal at someone at speed deliberately can only be an intent to cause serious harm, hence the charge.
More difficult to prove the material intent when someone's driving a car away from the scene of a burglary in a panic though, especially if there's an absence of surviving witnesses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.