Carabao Cup 5th Round Draw

I was trying to find a video of the cock up and I can't find it. Instead I found the following videos:

- Charlton drawn twice in the first round.
- John Salako messes up the second round draw, where they didn't know what was home or away.
- A third round draw conducted by a Chinese commentator who couldn't pronounce any of the numbers.

The competition is a farce. We've got the FA Cup. Why do we need two cup competitions? And the FA Cup is way better because the big teams enter when there are actually some smaller teams that might benefit from a day out against them.

The league cup should be scrapped, it serves no purpose whatsoever. They should re-vamp the FA Cup with the winner securing a possible european slot if it could be allowed

Nonsense. We won the league and cup double, Mourinho did it twice with Chelsea as did Ferguson. We also went to the semi-finals of the champions league in the same season we last won it.

When we won it last we lost KDB to injury in the semi and our form dived off, particularly in the games straight after cup ties. We should have won the league that year and there's no doubt that this competition had an impact. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if we went out to Leicester.

If I were Pep I would play the reserves in every game, even the final if we happened to get there. Takes the pressure right off. I've a feeling he might.

The fa want teams to bring youth players through why don’t they make a rule change? Why not make it that you have to play at least 4 youth players in the competition?

Maybe if all Premier League teams had to play a minimum of six under 21 players who are not in the first team squad i.e. we couldn't play Jesus, Sane etc then the paying customer would know the sort of team the bigger boys will play and there is more chance of a smaller team winning the competition and getting European competition.

The fa want teams to bring youth players through why don’t they make a rule change? Why not make it that you have to play at least 4 youth players in the competition?

i suppose they've made a half arsed attempt at this with the Autowindscreens (or whatever it is now) with Premier U21 teams, but as far as i can see it's just the U18 reserves

So any actual explanations for this farce?

They were obviously having sound issues because you could hardly hear anyone but Tufnell, whose hand mic was very loud. They all had hand mics, which shows that there was definitely a problem, but were also wearing lapel mics, which weren't working.

Fucking bizarre and amateurish, at best.

Sounds like there won't be a rush for the tickets should we reach the final. Yeah right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.