Carabao Cup Final - Getting Away From Wembley Quickly!

Of course id love to do a full day on the beer watching city .... but I have 2 kids and will be doing the Wembley trip. On previous occasions we have parked right near Wembley and managed to get away ok. But wondered what the best idea is to get home as quickly as possible. Cheers

A good option is parking at Ruislip Manor, just off the M40. There's cheap parking and a few boozers on the high street

Tube into and out of Wembley Park. It's about half a dozen stops

Did it for the Liverpool final. It worked well

If you do the park in my drive thing then make sure you're north west of the ground and head out to the M25 through Harrow and Pinner.
Do not, under any circumstances go back to the A40 just south of the ground as the traffic mings like a kipper. Or at least it did after the Stoke game in 2011.

Personally found the Watford way a bit of a chore and with two kids in tow I wouldn't recommend it. Getting out of the stadium, queuing for the train and the journey itself is a good 90 minutes unless you leave early. Not sure how the contactless debit cards you use like an Oyster card works where kids are involved for buying the train tickets .

As others have said, park on the right side of Wembley (drive or car park), take plenty of food and drinks and even if you end up queuing in traffic the kids will be fed and watered and probably have a kip and you can at least avoid schleping them around North London for an hour and a half.

The last time I went to Wembley by car was for the 1976 League Cup Final. I was already in London for a weekend conference and skived off to attend the match. I got totally bogged down in traffic after the match and managed to run out of petrol as a consequence. I waited until the traffic had gone and got a can of petrol and drove back to Manchester rather than returning to the conference. Never again!

Now I have given up trying to get home to Edinburgh after a Wembley match which can go to extra time and penalties. I prefer to get a hotel on the Wembley campus and travel back the next day.

There's at least 20 odd thousand city fans that can give advice and tricks on getting out early.

We park on just off Harrow road on someone’s drive £20 get away sharpish, straight up the road onto the North Circular and then M1 and away, always got away with ease. We use a minibus so use the Bus lane which also helps.

Of course id love to do a full day on the beer watching city .... but I have 2 kids and will be doing the Wembley trip. On previous occasions we have parked right near Wembley and managed to get away ok. But wondered what the best idea is to get home as quickly as possible. Cheers
hi blue ranger the other suggestions all seem good , the best place I go to get away early is Hillingdon there is a car park right next to train station and a pub called the swallow, only takes about 25min to Wembley and the train is never rammed. I have done this several times over the years ( the car park was only a few quid last time I was there). when you leave Hillingdon station car park you go straight on the m40. Against Liverpool my mate had never drove and wanted to take is son and was worried he may get caught up in the crowds etc anyway he did it this way and said it was easy. anyway whatever you do have a safe journey P.s if they use VAR we could all be there at midnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.