Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody obvious.

Mancini dropped Pontilimon for the final against Wigan. Hart was beaten by a header that Pontilimon would have plucked out of the air.

The Engineer kept his promise and played Caballero against the dippers. He saved three penalties in a row to win the shoot out.

Bravo also has a very good record in shoot outs this season.
Re the Wigan final, correct me if I’m wrong, but the reason we lost was more complicated than that last minute goal Hart should have saved, the undercurrent of Mancini’s impending demise is widely accepted as the reason for poor performance up to the goal.
Regarding shootouts, if Bravo plays it’s unlikely to go to a shootout. All the poor cup performance have been with him in goal, unnerving the defence and not allowing smooth transitions of play.
I said before, the equation is - Bravo plays we lose. Eddie plays we win Q.E.D.

Play our best team possible that actually can pass to each other and are up to the task.
I worry every time the ball goes near Bravo, the gulf in class between him and Eddy is painful to see. Would rather see Zinch at LB if Delph not allowed. Danilo was caught out of position or getting in the way a lot!
Kev & Merlin need to start as Gundog just doesn’t seem up to the challenge even after his Basel performance, I thought he looked lost.
Sane needs to turn up and lose the petulance and put a shift in, pass the bass effectively and create the chances instead of acting like a child when it doesn’t go his way. Bernardo has somehow turned into Navas and always goes past the player to turn back and pass inside.
Just my own opinion, but at least we have the players to win this, if they decide they want it.

The only positive we can look forward to is at least they won’t try to kick lumps out of us from the first whistle.
Don’t you believe it. Wilshire will be looking to clobber someone very early on in the “too early to send someone off” period.

I wonder if pep will go full strength (bravo aside) or keep faith with gundogan, Bernardo, zinchenko, Danilo?

It is vital we win this on Sunday, if we lose the pressure will rack up big time.

Let's hope Pawson does not send off any of our players and does not disallow any valid goals scored by City this time.

Tempted to put Vinnie in alongside the General for his experience. Certainly would not start with Stones
Why do you think they appointed him ?

Re the Wigan final, correct me if I’m wrong, but the reason we lost was more complicated than that last minute goal Hart should have saved, the undercurrent of Mancini’s impending demise is widely accepted as the reason for poor performance up to the goal.
Regarding shootouts, if Bravo plays it’s unlikely to go to a shootout. All the poor cup performance have been with him in goal, unnerving the defence and not allowing smooth transitions of play.
I said before, the equation is - Bravo plays we lose. Eddie plays we win Q.E.D.
The entire day was the polar opposite of the Stoke final... the weather, the journey down, the Mancini imminent departure.. all added up to a damp squib of a game and their eventual winner... it seemed destined to happen

BBC are running with the story that beating us now as better than the 2013 cup final win. Just let that sink in a minute - beating us is better than winning the FA cup. Shows how far we have come.

Enjoy the ride - there will be ups and downs but I've paid my money and I'll be sitting here until the (hopefully not bitter) end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.