Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give over, I’m sick of this bravo hate. There’s nothing he could have done about that shot and no, Ederson wouldn’t have saved it either.
True......Bravo was not the problem with that goal,there is still too much of this blame Bravo.

Well he just helped us get knocked out of the FA cup - so that one goes out of the window.
If he plays we lose its as simple as that.

Nope that was mostly Walker, the team not taking their chances and Taylor being a hero (and Grigg taking his chance). If it makes you feel any better the final will be his last game for this season (barring any injury to Ederson),

Last edited:
Nope that was mostly Walker, the team not taking their chances and Taylor being a hero. If it makes you feel any better the final wiil be his last game for this season (barring any injury to Ederson),
It was entirely Walker and it was completely unnecessary, like Otamendi against Leicester. These aren’t mistakes borne out of playing ‘high risk’ football, they’re just poor mistakes at key times.

It was entirely Walker and it was completely unnecessary, like Otamendi against Leicester. These aren’t mistakes borne out of playing ‘high risk’ football, they’re just poor mistakes at key times.

Yep individual error (as always no matter who is in charge).

So often teams get knocked out of 2 competitions in quick succession. I accept the result at Wigan but wished we had now fielded a weaker team.

I can see Aubyemang having a field day on Sunday. Hope I’m wrong...

So often teams get knocked out of 2 competitions in quick succession. I accept the result at Wigan but wished we had now fielded a weaker team.

I can see Aubyemang having a field day on Sunday. Hope I’m wrong...
Hopefully we will have Vinny and the General in the back four to handle their forward threat.

I gotta be honest and say we look far more confident with Eddie in goal, can't blame bravo for the Wigan goal tonight, OK it's quiet possible Eddie would have rushed out and cleaned up or narrowed the angles or whatever, Bravo I don't think is at fault here, regardless, the fact remains were a better and more confident footballing unit with him in it than with bravo, on the basis of that alone he starts for me on Sunday.

At left back I think I'd go with Zinchenko, however when we might be up against it further on in the CL it might be good to have a more confident Danilo to call upon when we come up against better attacking teams, so going off the back of that I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him start either I'm by no means convinced by Danilo to be honest but he may yet prove an important part of the squad this season. Zinchenko has made the most of his first team chances being played out of position, I think he looks so calm and is clearly a ball player and very comfortable stepping up into his normal attacking position, defending wise he's made an error or two but hasn't done his chances any harm.

Stones form has been off, Laporte I'm unsure he's gotten the game time to build an understanding to start in a final just yet. Vincent is a rock, will keep Aubamayang in his pocket. Hopefully Jesus can make the bench to offer something from there should we need it.

The rest picks itself for me, start fast and they won't know what hit them, hopefully take a few early chances and calm all our nerves to get the first silverware of the season out of the way, hit them again on Thursday while their still reeling from Sunday

Eddie
Walker
Zinchenko/Danilo
Vinnie
Nico
Fernandinho
Spanish Dave
KDB
Sterling
Sane
Sergio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.