Carabao Cup SF draw (Bristol City)

I hope Maureen doesn't get the sack because of the Bristol defeat. We need Manure to continue with their new trademark style of hoofball. I say 'new' but they've been doing it for a few years now.

Remember that bit of video of MANUre v Fulham. Cross after cross after cross into the Fulham area! Good number of 'em from the halfway line and the Rag penalty area!!

think pep will want to win this, ok not the most wanted trophy but its the first in his bag as a city manager, therefore I expect him to play strong sides for the remainder of the competition. Bristol will be no pushovers but over 2 legs I would like to think we would win. No matter what, if we do arrive at the final I think he will go all out with the players available.

I agree. A trophy is a trophy and when all and sundry who are in it want to win it, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to put out a team that Manuel offered the RagDipperArseHaringeyMeedya when they wouldn't shift the CFC cup tie a couple of seasons back.

Go balls out in the 1st leg and be out of sight so we can rest key players in the 2nd leg.

Go balls out in the 1st leg and be out of sight so we can rest key players in the 2nd leg.

That's what I'd like to see us do
With the correct tempo and attitude we are really capable of going four or five up in the first half and I'm not being arrogant when I say that
The rest of the game can be played at walking pace

Will be interesting to see how they play in 1st leg, they played some really good stuff against Rags and played quite open, if they play same will be very exciting if they defend who knows may be like Wolves game.
All in all really looking forward to it, makes a change to see a good quality championship team with a very good manager like Wolves have rather than some Premier League clubs hell bent on defending.

First time I'll be train-ing it and staying over for a mid week game instead of my usual 450 mile round trip - really hope Pep puts out the strongest team he has available and we try and secure the tie in the 1st leg.

If Bristol are sensible they'll try and keep the score as low as possible, which might mean they'll sit back like wolves did. It's going to be a really interesting game and I wouldn't be surprised if they bag at least 1 goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.