Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Once again we fell into the old Mancini trap of thinking that possession percentages equates to winning opportunities.
On Sunday at Cardiff it was a poor team performance by City as well as a personal let-down of his team-mates by Toure.
[1] poor substitutions contributed to downfall v Cardiff.
[2] poor ineffective performance by Toure v Cardiff, he definitely needs KITA.
[3] inconsistent play of Hart, some brilliant saves followed by poor positioning and panicky arm-flapping misses.
[4] potential of Navas not utilized v Cardiff, taken off too early and Milner would have been much better replacement. Nasri was recruited to be a sub for Silva but whenever Mancini played both they didn't work well together, so its probably time for him to go.
[5] Yaya had another poor game, keeping in line with his stats over past couple of seasons. He needs a KITA & to be named as sub for a few games.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Just got back and knew i shouldn't of logged on here......unfuckingbelievable!!

fuckitman.gif

You just knew who the loudest moaners were going to be too. So predictable. Anyway better they all get it out of their system whilst they have the chance. I don't expect we'll see too many more away performances like that ...
If Mancini was still in charge, the biggest 'moaners' would have been you and the usual suspects!

It was a poor performance and the fans have every right to have a moan, but you neglect to recognise that the common consensus is that it's better to have this kind of defeat and performance now whilst we can still do something about it than later on in the season where it could be seriously detrimental.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Just got back and knew i shouldn't of logged on here......unfuckingbelievable!!

fuckitman.gif

You just knew who the loudest moaners were going to be too. So predictable. Anyway better they all get it out of their system whilst they have the chance. I don't expect we'll see too many more away performances like that ...
If Mancini was still in charge, the biggest 'moaners' would have been you and the usual suspects!

It was a poor performance and the fans have every right to have a moan, but you neglect to recognise that the common consensus is that it's better to have this kind of defeat and performance now whilst we can still do something about it than later on in the season where it could be seriously detrimental.

Zonal marking would have sorted those goals out,our defence has been very good the last few seasons,defenders are now man to man marking and its not happening..lets hope it will eventually come good,if not I hope Pelle goes to zonal..

I can see why some people would say that Aguero and Dzeko don't link up together and that's only when Aguero keeps the ball to himself. When they actually pass to each other something happens.
Take Aguero's goal from Dzeko's flick against Newcastle and Dzeko's goal from Aguero's back heel against Cardiff.

It's same like last year, Aguero and Nasri both try to dribble the ball into the net instead of passing to the teammates that are in better position to score. There was a moment at the end of the game where Negredo and somebody else (Silva maybe) where waiting for Aguero to pass it to them, but he kept it to himself end wasted the chance.

Taken a couple of days to let it digest. Overall, we just did not appear to want it and again, when a team presses us we can't handle it. They packed the defence and we struggled to break them down and we progressively got slower and slower in our build up play. For me Navas should have come on as a sub and not started. When he was on he had 3 players around him as Cardiff packed the 18 yard line. Yaya needs to make sure he does not slow the play down all the time by trying to be a "quarter back" and dictating the play constantly. We looked dangerous when Dave, who ran his heart out, picked the ball up early, turned and looked for the forward pass. It did not happen for him on Sunday but it was not due to lack of trying.
Kun did not look fit either, his touch was poor for him and the lack of pre-season maybe showed. Ferdy was OK but again his passing was off.

JH is worrying me, he is a great shot stopper but his decision making, cross taking and command of the area has been lacking. Seems to be since he started doing Head and Shoulders!

Next up Hull, we should have too much for them so I am confident, Stoke away will be another similar game to this and I am hoping that we start with the same intensity as how we played at home to Newcastle.

Overall we can say typical City, but I am trying to be positive and think that losing this game was the best thing that could have happened and that we will learn from the mistakes and move forward, thats the optimist in me anyway

Thought I'd give it 36 hours until I logged on again. And it gave me chance to see last nights game from the swamp and compare and contrast.
The atmosphere at Cardiff was, I am told, very partisan, and loud. Can any travelling fans testify to this? We defended set pieces appallingly, definitely missing Vinny (no surprise there). We looked flappable when closed down and didn't seem to be able to match Cardiff's tempo. If we're afforded the time and space Chelsea and United gave each other last night when we play them we'll pass them off the park. If Cardiff get into the faces of every team who visit this season like they did to us they'll make it very uncomfortable, no matter who they are.

EddieR said:
If Cardiff get into the faces of every team who visit this season like they did to us they'll make it very uncomfortable, no matter who they are.

They won't though , will they Eddie?

After a few league defeats Cardiffs early season enthusiasm and resilience will almost surely wane ...

You can be almost certain that Cardiff won't be victors when the likes of United , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs and Liverpool visit South Wales ....... they may fluke one win , they may fluke two ...... but most (if not all ) of those sides will come away from there with at least one point !

Just had to take time out to analyse last Sunday's result.

Joe Hart Made himself big and saved from Campbell in the first-half. Blocked another Campbell shot but it fell straight to Gunnarson. Was left helpless by Campbells two goals. 5/10.
Pablo Zabaleta Constantly got forward and helped out in attack but will be very disappointed with his marking and defensive work. Lost Campbell on two occasions in the box which resulted in two Cardiff goals. 3/10.
Javi Garcia Didn’t look completely out of place at centre-back. but was caught square on two occasions in the first-half which allowed Campbell to sprint in behind the back four. 5/10.
Joleon Lescott Used his strength well in one-on-one situations with Campbell and snuffed out a couple of chances. Had a solid game. 6/10.
Gael Clichy Allowed acres of space to Kim. should have reacted quicker. threat in the Cardiff half but never provided any dangerous crosses or goal-scoring opportunities. 6/10 .
Fernandinho Moved forward from deep positions to offer a different dimension to the City attack. Whipped in one cross but looks more suited to sitting in the midfield and effecting the game from the middle of the park. 5/10.
Yaya Toure Never managed to get his long-range passing game completely going. Looked impatient at times and tried to make passes that were not on, which resulted in some wayward passing. Didn't control the midfield alongside Fernandinho. He made more successful passes (92) but no telling passes.. 6/10.
Jesus Navas Quite an ineffective evening for the new Spanish recruit. Looked cramped for space so he moved into the middle of the park on several occasions which resulted in cutting off space for his team-mates. Took off too early. 4/10.
Sergio Aguero Relatively quiet game from the Argentine. Managed to run at the Cardiff defence on several occasions but couldn’t provide any telling finishes. Set up Dzeko with a neat flick for the opening goal. 6/10.
David Silva was constantly buzzing around the attacking third looking to get his team going. Hit City’s only shot on target of the first half. 6/10.
Edin Dzeko Dropped off to pick up the ball too much at times, looked dangerous running in behind and holding the ball up in front of the Cardiff defence. Hit a pile driver from 25 yards to open the scoring. 7/10.
Substitutes
Alvaro Negredo Should have replaced Aguero sooner.Headed a good goal by turning a Silva cross back in the direction from which it came from and left Marshall helpless . giving his team a glimmer of hope. 6/10
Samir Nasri no time to mark
James Milner no time to mark
Overall , Cardiff "did a job on us" just like Sunderland last season.

black mamba said:
EddieR said:
If Cardiff get into the faces of every team who visit this season like they did to us they'll make it very uncomfortable, no matter who they are.

After a few league defeats Cardiffs early season enthusiasm and resilience will almost surely wane ...

You can be almost certain that Cardiff won't be victors when the likes of United , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs and Liverpool visit South Wales ....... they may fluke one win , they may fluke two ...... but most (if not all ) of those sides will come away from there with at least one point !

That word 'If' is a very powerful one. I hope your natural pessimism is ill-founded.

black mamba said:
EddieR said:

Agreed!!

No one else out of what we perceive to be the top five will lose there this season.

Thats Chelsea, Rags, Spuds, and the Gooners, all will come away with something most 3 points.

We were poor as poor can be, and if we defend like that at Stoke we could well see our heaviest defeat since the takeover.

We need that rudder for the good ship Man City (Vincent Kompany) fixed and fitted asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.