Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

There is far too much navel gazing going on, and dramatic hyperbole

Loosing a game is never nice no matter what, but we will lose games this season and so will the teams around us.

I happen to think we were not as bad as many people are making out, sure they were silly defensive mistakes to make, but the rest of it I thought we did as well as could be expected, at many points in game there were 21 players in the Cardiff half.

It was a real cup final for them, I doubt many other teams will get much of a result there, the first half of the season anyway, like I have been trying to remind people United lost to Burnley a couple of seasons back, it happens it's not nice and it hurts, but I refuse to be dragged into the sky is falling in dramatics, it's the 2nd game of the season with a new manager, there will be hiccups along the way but the team will play and learn.

Sure you can sit there worrying about things and working yourself into an anxiety driven frenzy if you prefer, or you could accept that we won't win them all, all of the time, I have never seen such over reaction to a loss on here, even by normal standards it's completely over the top

samharris said:
Zonal marking would have sorted those goals out,our defence has been very good the last few seasons,defenders are now man to man marking and its not happening..lets hope it will eventually come good,if not I hope Pelle goes to zonal..

Really? We played Zonal last year and we were just as dreadful vs corners so I don't see how man-man was the reason. It was poor playe performances that was the reason. Zab was responsable for both goals scored on corners. He lost his man and didn't even bother to jump for the ball. Hart was really poor on the 2nd goal. Was over focused on battling with a player in the box instead of tracking the ball. Yaya & Silva didn't pressure the ball at all which is a must when playing a high line. Going forward we didn't have the same forcefullness as the week before. We played way to slow, over passes, too many side ways passes and the like.

GornikDaze said:
LoveCity said:
Sergiostoe said:
Atmosphere was good, shame about the result!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfXrVMoODY[/youtube]

Added YouTube tags to this one, because it's a goodun. ;)
Probably the highlight of a pretty shitty away day yesterday - in reality it went on for a good ten minutes or so! Quality -well played lads :)
Bloody hell who'd believe the Micky Robinson Song would make a come back 30 odd years later I was fair bit younger when we we're beltin it out.

i kne albert davy said:
Bloody hell who'd believe the Micky Robinson Song would make a come back 30 odd years later I was fair bit younger when we we're beltin it out.
Bored with it already! Adapting an old drinking song might be interesting - Viva La Compagnie (even bits in French, his first language). There are some awful versions on the net but this lot at least give it a bit of welly! <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddO9HOwqys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddO9HOwqys</a>

Let every good fellow, now join in our song,
for Vincent Kompany!

Success to each other, and pass it along,
with Vincent Kompany!

Chorus:
We love the, we love the,
We love the Blues.
We love the, we love the,
We love the Blues.
We love the Blues, We love the Blues.
and Vincent Kompany.

I've already got my coat.

Guys it's quite laughable what I have read throughout this thread. You were beaten by a team who worked much harder than you thoughout the 90 minutes. I thought we were tactically very strong, but wouldn't call it parking the bus. But what do you expect teams to do? Roll over and get slammed? You have spent 93 million over the summer.....I can't remember you having any clear cut chances? A few posters write that we didn't have any chances apart from the set-pieces??? Nobody mentions Kim Bo Kyung dancing through your defence, and that was followed by about a dozen passes? Also nobody mentions Campbell's two chances in the first half? I was very disappointed by Man City and thought you lacked width. I only said before the game that after watching you last season that you needed some pace out wide and I was worried after watching Navas on Monday night, but you still played very narrow on Sunday.

Sometimes I think you just need to take your hat off and just put your hands up and say you were beaten by the better team on the day. Believe me, we are no mugs...We have made some very sound signings this year including Caulker which I'm surprised you didn't try to sign, it just seems to me that if a player is not going for 20 million Man City don't want to know. Also, I think Gary Medel is also a good signing and he kept his shape all match. Then we have genuine pace with Campbell and flair in the middle from Kim Bo Kyung.

No doubt you will bounce back at home against Hull.

Have a good season.
from CardiffCity

i thought id leave you folks for a few days and it appears there have been nervous breakdowns
all round. To play all out attack against a side worth £250m would have been suicide. But I find
it a little irritating myself to read how we basically - sat and defended - for 90 mins. We actually
had the better chances in the first half - and scored three in the second half. Our first goal was a
direct result of the best passage of open play in the game - 21 passes!!! Cardiff City tried to play
as much football as we could but try and remember gents - you are Man City now - It would have
been like Muhammed Ali dropping his hands in Zaire and saying to George Foreman - Come and
Hit me with Your Best shot!! - So we kept a tight back line, we sat the midfield in front and gave it
our all when we broke. Remember, our 2nd & 3rd goals came from corners - we were in the final
third trying to get crosses in. At your best, it wouldnt have mattered how good we were, you would
have beat us. But last Sunday some of your players werent at the races. Your defence was shite.
But hey - give Campbell and Kimbo a bit of credit too - they pressed them every chance they got!!

Chin up Cit-eh!! You'll probably go on a ten match winning run now, your certainly good enough!!

To the last two Cardiff fans, you deserved your win.

I thought you played the game of your lives and we played poorly and defended like idiots.

So I don't mean to be unkind, but you got lucky. Had we been up to our normal standards - or even if we had played poorly but defended as we usually do - you would have lost 1-0 or worse.

Still, enjoy the memory. Til next time.

Yeah enjoy your win Cardiff fans . I think it will be a different story when you play us again in January .

bluebirdjones said:
i thought id leave you folks for a few days and it appears there have been nervous breakdowns
all round. To play all out attack against a side worth £250m would have been suicide. But I find
it a little irritating myself to read how we basically - sat and defended - for 90 mins. We actually
had the better chances in the first half - and scored three in the second half. Our first goal was a
direct result of the best passage of open play in the game - 21 passes!!! Cardiff City tried to play
as much football as we could but try and remember gents - you are Man City now - It would have
been like Muhammed Ali dropping his hands in Zaire and saying to George Foreman - Come and
Hit me with Your Best shot!! - So we kept a tight back line, we sat the midfield in front and gave it
our all when we broke. Remember, our 2nd & 3rd goals came from corners - we were in the final
third trying to get crosses in. At your best, it wouldnt have mattered how good we were, you would
have beat us. But last Sunday some of your players werent at the races. Your defence was shite.
But hey - give Campbell and Kimbo a bit of credit too - they pressed them every chance they got!!

Chin up Cit-eh!! You'll probably go on a ten match winning run now, your certainly good enough!!

Most of us are over it, we are quite bad at loosing, anyway you have had your day in the sun and I am sure you will be telling the grand kids all about it, every season throws up a result like this especially early doors (think of Burnley Vs United, Blackpool Vs Liverpool) both teams got relegated!

By the way less of the "Cit-eh"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.