Carillion going bust

Edwina Currie talks to my mum often as they seem to have the same shopping day at marks and sparks. The woman says often to mum that the lot of them are dodgy, even young idealistic wide eyed good eggs get absorbed into the system. The casual conversations apparently can often talk about the public as if we are scum and a problem to be overcome as much as any honest efforts at something being chatted over a glass of fine wine.

We could do worse than dissolve it all and start fresh with people from outside the system but it will never happen.

Probably the best opening sentence ever written on bluemoon.

th cash flow problems

So your anti-Corbyn thing was just being anti-Corbyn? You criticised him for saying it was a mistake for the government to keep giving loss-leading contracts to a firm with cashflow problems.
No I just criticise him for his whopper double standards. (Amongst the many flaws he has)

He is simply a serial complainer who will complain and protest about anything and everything. That is his role in life. It's what he is.

Had Corillion gone bust as a result of the government not awarding them contracts, do you think he would have been saying "well done the government"???

No, nor does anyone else.

The guy is an arse of the highest order.

Kingman isn’t and wasn’t a personal shareholder in Carillion though was he.

Can you tell the group what Kingman has done badly or why he wasn’t the best candidate for the role?

Used to work as Gordon Brown’s Secretary and then was given a top job by Labour’s Chancellor Alistair Darling no? His CV is rather impressive isn’t it? He’s liked by both sides of the house despite being a Labour Man.

I have a feeling you read one ‘article’ and posted half arsed.

Also can you provide evidence he ‘ran’ one of the Carillion pension schemes as I can’t find him registered as a trustee.

How has he ruined any working class lives,just out of interest?

Other than that, great post.
Just really qyick as im working but John Kingman is chair of L&G who is classed as a major shareholder for Carillon. 1.4million to be precise.

Ill get back to the rest when i have time and yiure very welcome my friend ;)

Just really qyick as im working but John Kingman is chair of L&G who is classed as a major shareholder for Carillon. 1.4million to be precise.

Ill get back to the rest when i have time and yiure very welcome my friend ;)
Yes they were already shareholders in Carillion before he was appointed chair.

That doesn’t mean he was a shareholder as you implied (actually you didn’t just imply it, you stated it), nor that he ran the pension scheme. And yes, I know L and G managed one, but it’s the trustees that run them and the Carillion board that can choose the funding level etc, not the pension provider (L and G).

Go on, what’s anyone done wrong here? Can you explain why you say ‘oh dear’?

The Tories accepted a 50k donation in May from a hedge fund. That same hedge fund bet on Carillion’s shareprice going down (correctly) after releasing a profit warning and was one of many funds to do the same.

That’s what hedge funds have the discretion to do, it’s called short selling. It’s not illegal, it’s not even morally questionable.

So how was May meant to know the dealing position of every trade that every potential donor was meant to hold, several months before they held it?

I literally don’t think I’ve ever seen a more pointless article. The hedge fund played no part in Carillion’s demise any more than you betting on City losing to Liverpool and making a few quid out of it would have contributed to that defeat.

Ps, still excited to hear why Kingman shouldn’t have been given that job by the government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.