Carroll saves a ladies football team and gives fan £900 gift

Blue Smarties

Bet Gary Neville would do the same...
He may have left Newcastle behind in January for £35million, but Liverpool striker Andy Carroll offered a succession of kind-hearted reminders that his loyalties lie firmly in his native North-East.
A day after saving a ladies' football side in Gateshead with a kit sponsorship of £500, the former Newcastle star helped raise over £4,000 for local charities in an emotional homecoming to Tyneside.
The 22-year-old, who became the record British transfer signing when he arrived at Anfield on deadline day, stumped up £900 to land a signed Kevin Nolan shirt in an auction - before handing it as a gift to the supporter he outbidded.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364475/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-saves-ladies-football-team-fan-900-signed-shirt.html#ixzz1GCNFxPw7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1GCNFxPw7</a>

He's a beast on the pitch but I'm still happy for Liverpool to take the risk on him at that price. I know money is no object but you've got to have principles.

I'll give it a year before he's in court again for something or other.

Perhaps the move away from Newcastle will do him good. Liverpool has more celebrities dotted around and he'll get less attention.

I don't get the pony tail. He'd look psychopathic with a skinhead.

Good on him for saving a ladies football team.

That this doesn't mean that he isn't a woman beating twat who needs a haircut.

fair play to him for helping out the ladies teams and for giving the shirt he bid to the person who missed out also shows he supports his local things still even though he not in newcastle and knows his roots well done if this was a city player everyone would be bigging him up so id like to big up mr carroll good things doesnt get in the press only bad things i.e.players in fights and so on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.