Celtic Thread 2017/18.

Genuine question, not wumming.
Do Celtic fans get much enjoyment out of beating their fellow Scottish sides (bar Rangers) or does it all get a bit meh due to the standard of the other sides?

You can only play what's in front of you. And yes you do enjoy it if you play well. The standard isn't as bad as you think. If it were how could we possibly string two passes together in the CL or other euro comps?

You can only play what's in front of you. And yes you do enjoy it if you play well. The standard isn't as bad as you think. If it were how could we possibly string two passes together in the CL or other euro comps?

Players raise their performances for such games. Especially in a one off game. CL. Pre-season game in England. 10,000 away fans. Day out. Get pissed. Fight. Abuse the locals. Wreck the place. Sing sectarian songs. Etc.

I'd love to see Celtic in the PL.(no I wouldn't)

38 tough games. Away to City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, etc.

Not a chance.

At home Celtic might win matches due to the cup final support their fans would generate.

Celtic v Dundee 24th April 1984. Celtic finished 2nd in the league that year. The mighty hoops surpassed all expectations that day, when, in the most populated city in Scotland, the hot-bed of football, the mighty Celtic saw an unbelievable 4956 (that's FOUR THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX) pass through those mighty turnstiles. In a ground that, at the time, held 65, 000.

Celtic / Rangers. Small time. The pair of them. Always have been, always will be. FOUR THOUSAND!!!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Fuck me, what next, "we'd be challenging for the title if we were in the UK" Yeah, course you would. For the shortest time it'd take to count gate receipts.

Celtic's lowest ever average crowd since 1900: 6998.
City's: 15,175.

We were light years ahead 117 years ago. We're even further ahead now. Let the Bobby Sands tributes pour in, whilst we concentrate on proper football. Celtic? Do me a fucking favour. Wankers.

Celtic v Dundee 24th April 1984. Celtic finished 2nd in the league that year. The mighty hoops surpassed all expectations that day, when, in the most populated city in Scotland, the hot-bed of football, the mighty Celtic saw an unbelievable 4956 (that's FOUR THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX) pass through those mighty turnstiles. In a ground that, at the time, held 65, 000.

Celtic / Rangers. Small time. The pair of them. Always have been, always will be. FOUR THOUSAND!!!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Fuck me, what next, "we'd be challenging for the title if we were in the UK" Yeah, course you would. For the shortest time it'd take to count gate receipts.

We were light years ahead 117 years ago. We're even further ahead now. Let the Bobby Sands tributes pour in, whilst we concentrate on proper football. Celtic? Do me a fucking favour. Wankers.

Record attendance in uk 146,000 Celtic v Aberdeen.

What's your point? Are you suggesting city have a larger support? And we are in the fucking UK.

Have you forgotten your meds? You seem unhinged and at odds with reality.

And remember, we've won the fucking European cup without the help of billionaires, so go fuck yourself and your 1900 average crowd.

Are you seriously going on about crowds 117 years ago?

Take your tablets!

giphy.gif

Players raise their performances for such games. Especially in a one off game. CL. Pre-season game in England. 10,000 away fans. Day out. Get pissed. Fight. Abuse the locals. Wreck the place. Sing sectarian songs. Etc.

I'd love to see Celtic in the PL.(no I wouldn't)

38 tough games. Away to City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, etc.

Not a chance.

At home Celtic might win matches due to the cup final support their fans would generate.

So every club in the EPL who receive about £100m a year don't improve with access to those resources?

So your improvement as a team has nothing whatsoever to do with access to resources that allow you to buy the best players, but, we couldn't?

Is that seriously the point your making?

If it is it's a bit mental.

We will never be in the EPL so it's a non starter, we do the best with what we have and I would back us to beat half the teams in a competition with what we have right now, which shows you how badly they clubs build teams with all that cash.

I might be wrong, but I would be confident we could give most a game.

o
So every club in the EPL who receive about £100m a year don't improve with access to those resources?

So your improvement as a team has nothing whatsoever to do with access to resources that allow you to buy the best players, but, we couldn't?

Is that seriously the point your making?

If it is it's a bit mental.

We will never be in the EPL so it's a non starter, we do the best with what we have and I would back us to beat half the teams in a competition with what we have right now, which shows you how badly they clubs build teams with all that cash.

I might be wrong, but I would be confident we could give most a game.

At least you are one of the few Celtic fans who admit it's never going to happen. Many Celtic fans still dream of and think Celtic will be playing in the PL one day.

1. The PL and EL clubs won't give up a place for Celtic.(and Rangers)
2, The English Authorities can't trust Celtic (and Rangers) fans to behave, for good reason.
3. Even if Celtic did make it to the PL, because they would certainly have to start off in the lower divisions, and with the money, I still think the majority of the Worlds best players would choose one of the top 5 English clubs over Celtic. Yes, Celtic's history, the stadium and the support are a big draw. I'll concede that.

Even though Rodgers took some stick in England, he's a pretty decent Manager. And he will go down as a managerial legend at Celtic. But let's be honest, winning the SPL isn't hard. Especially when your greatest rivals and toughest annual opponents have became just another average SPL team, and cannon fodder for Celtic.

Last edited:
I get the distinct feeling that Celtic are fairly happy to be the only serious title contender each season in Scotland. A sizeable percentage would probably like to play their homes in Dublin, or Boston USA.

Record attendance in uk 146,000 Celtic v Aberdeen.

What's your point? Are you suggesting city have a larger support? And we are in the fucking UK.

Have you forgotten your meds? You seem unhinged and at odds with reality.

And remember, we've won the fucking European cup without the help of billionaires, so go fuck yourself and your 1900 average crowd.

Are you seriously going on about crowds 117 years ago?

Take your tablets!

That's because Celtic draw their support from 4 sources. How many millions of supporters?

Eire.
Northern Ireland.
Scotland.
Glasgow.

Compare that to City, where the vast majority of our support comes from Manchester and across England to an extent.

The demographics speak for themselves.

So in theory, Celtic should be wiping the floor with City attendance wise. But that always hasn't been the case.

Then you have to factor in trophy success. Imagine Celtic going 34 years without a trophy. Etc.

And our nearest local rival is probably the biggest and most famous club in the World(I feel sick), bar Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Put all that together and even you must appreciate how well our support and fan base has stood up and stayed loyal over the years.

Even now, along with the 'Emptyhad jibes' started by United, City are still pulling well over 50K for home games. (and with the right prices, another stadium expansion, which doesn't look like it's happening now, City could pull 60K at home, or close to that)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.