Celtic v City post match

Not sure if this is the right thread But...................I see Celtic were given permission to 'Trial ' Standing Seating for this season.
I know that UEFA have Borussia Dortmund reduce their capacity for CL games - 80,000 down to 67,000 (so I heard) - So I am assuming Celtic had to use 'the seats' which would reduce their capacity for last night. If any Celtic fan reads this maybe they can tell me does their capacity rise to about 63,000 (part standing) for League games.
Just interested.
If they have safe standing why can't we? Scottish parliament?

Not sure if this is the right thread But...................I see Celtic were given permission to 'Trial ' Standing Seating for this season.
I know that UEFA have Borussia Dortmund reduce their capacity for CL games - 80,000 down to 67,000 (so I heard) - So I am assuming Celtic had to use 'the seats' which would reduce their capacity for last night. If any Celtic fan reads this maybe they can tell me does their capacity rise to about 63,000 (part standing) for League games.
Just interested.

The attendance at all their league games this season, including the Old Firm, have been 53 to 58k. These include the standing bits. So I'm assuming that their capacity is around 58 /59k with the standing

If they have safe standing why can't we? Scottish parliament?
The standing area becomes a sitting area for CL games as the seats are fixed in seating position. This is altered for SPFL games but the supporters stand at CL games regardless. It was Glasgow Council who gave permission for the standing area ( after having denied it for a year or so).
On a more general note.
A cracking game last night played in a great spirit. City, as expected, had much more class but the contest was excellent nevertheless and a high-scoring draw was just about right. I hope the City fans enjoyed their visit to Celtic Park.

The safe standing area at Celtic park has exactly the same capacity as it is during the European games when the seats are used.When it is used as safe standing the seats are put up and locked but you have exactly the same area except your seats isn't used.Away fans stand so everyone has to stand so if every club had safe standing then fans would have a choice whether to sit or stand in safety.Its actually more dangerous standing when you have a seat!

The standing area becomes a sitting area for CL games as the seats are fixed in seating position. This is altered for SPFL games but the supporters stand at CL games regardless. It was Glasgow Council who gave permission for the standing area ( after having denied it for a year or so).
On a more general note.
A cracking game last night played in a great spirit. City, as expected, had much more class but the contest was excellent nevertheless and a high-scoring draw was just about right. I hope the City fans enjoyed their visit to Celtic Park.
Cheers mate. Yep did not expect a shared goals fest but pleasantly surprised and to be fair to yous in this game, your team played a much better gameplan than most prem teams against us

Cheers mate. Yep did not expect a shared goals fest but pleasantly surprised and to be fair to yous in this game, your team played a much better gameplan than most prem teams against us
As a matter of interest, how do the older City supporters compare the current City with Messrs Lee, Summerbee and Collin Bell?

That was a massive point. English teams rarely win at Celtic. If we get turned over twice by Barca, which is possible, we will have 4 pts from 4 games. BMG will beat Celtic twice, giving them 6 from 4. Could have a dodgy trip to BMG, to get out of the group

I agree we matched Celtic for effort and we were desperately unlucky not to win in the end. I cant agree hoofing the ball from defence when being pressed can be classed as good defensive work and is clearly not what Pep is looking for. The fact is too many of our players in defence and attack had an off night. I believe if we start Stones (who along with Bravo are the only comfirtable players with ball at feet being pressed) Celtics high press is less effective as we have 2 at the back who can pass rather than hoof and we keep possession. I bet we dont see that central defensive partnership again.

Don't think Celtic's high press had much to do with their goals and I don't think either Kola or Ota were at fault on their first two goals. Also, I don't think they hoofed the ball much. Between them they attempted 17 long balls and completed 8 of them. That leaves 9 possible cases of hoofing the ball but one hoof by Kola that I remember seemed perfectly justified and one long ball I remember from Kola that did not find its mark was certainly not a hoof. I was paying particular attention to Kola and Gundogan on my second viewing and I think both did rather better than many want to credit them.

I'd be amazed if Ota and Kola do not make more outings together at CB this season because, as good as I think Stones is, he will need some rest time from games.

That was a massive point. English teams rarely win at Celtic. If we get turned over twice by Barca, which is possible, we will have 4 pts from 4 games. BMG will beat Celtic twice, giving them 6 from 4. Could have a dodgy trip to BMG, to get out of the group
I dont think BMG would have came away with a point last night, they could very well lose and Celtic see it as a battle for 3rd with them so I cant see them getting 6 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.