Celtic v City post match

As a matter of interest, how do the older City supporters compare the current City with Messrs Lee, Summerbee and Collin Bell?

This City is better, imho - having seen both. Bell, for me, was the one world class player who could have got into most teams anywhere in Europe. Several of the others were very good, but not world class. At various times, Aguero and Silva, in particular, have regularly shown that they are world class, and several of the others show similarly at various times - notably De Bruyne nowadays, and previously Kompany and Yaya. The standard has been improving for the most part over the last 7 years, but, since Guardiola's arrival, we've taken another step up in class, and the football is a joy to behold. Most of us believe that the best is yet to come.
Looking forward to getting Patrick Roberts back!

^^^this team absolutely obliterates the old greats, though footy in general has clearly moved on hugely as a whole in the interim. Trying to compare relative to this in terms of standing against the rest of the world, I still think the current team could really bring an amazing season. (As long as kev doesn't get injured...ohhangonaminute)

9.35 - "We've got a result for Celtic 3-3"

In case anyone needed confirmation Quinn has cut any loyalty with us

This City is better, imho - having seen both. Bell, for me, was the one world class player who could have got into most teams anywhere in Europe. Several of the others were very good, but not world class. At various times, Aguero and Silva, in particular, have regularly shown that they are world class, and several of the others show similarly at various times - notably De Bruyne nowadays, and previously Kompany and Yaya. The standard has been improving for the most part over the last 7 years, but, since Guardiola's arrival, we've taken another step up in class, and the football is a joy to behold. Most of us believe that the best is yet to come.
Looking forward to getting Patrick Roberts back!
You're not getting him back....cos WE (City) don't need him :)
Imagine King Colin with Merlin et al round about him,what a team that would be eh.

Lol, upsetting me. On the contrary I find your stance hilarious. But on a side note, try and tell your so called fans not to trash our city again in the unlikely event that they ever make it into Europe.

Tell you what muppet ,when they start singing songs in praise of terrorist organisations that bombed the Arndale centre, I'll tell them to f*ck off.
I suspect you couldn't even find the Etihad with a satnav.

You're not getting him back....cos WE (City) don't need him :)
Imagine King Colin with Merlin et al round about him,what a team that would be eh.

Bell had everything - including the stamina to run all day. Him, in a Guardiola team, would work unbelievably, but - without any narcotics - it's just beyond my imagination.
We can but dream....

Tbh you could say it's difficult to win at Old Trafford because Bobby Charlton used to play for them.

And if we defend like that it will be, as they will fucking murder us.

3 goals away from home is enough. It should have been 3-1 at the absolute worst.

Celtic produced fantastic effort but if we concede those kind of goals regularly, then we will also lose to Burnley & West Brom & indeed would have lost to Utd.

We showed great character to keep coming back but the defending was Sven standard.
Stop wetting your knickers. Has it looked like we're going to concede 3 goals regularly this season? No. We've shipped a maximum of 1 goal in all our previous competitive matches this season and you're talking like the wheels have fell off. Is it likely we're going to lose or draw the odd game? Yes. Our gaffer knows this and so do most reasonable supporters. We're not gonna blitz every team we play, and the Bobby Charlton comment makes no difference to the factual point that the worlds top teams rarely get a win at Celtic. That must be because all the worlds top clubs play like shite when they get there eh?

Stop wetting your knickers. Has it looked like we're going to concede 3 goals regularly this season? No. We've shipped a maximum of 1 goal in all our previous competitive matches this season and you're talking like the wheels have fell off. Is it likely we're going to lose or draw the odd game? Yes. Our gaffer knows this and so do most reasonable supporters. We're not gonna blitz every team we play, and the Bobby Charlton comment makes no difference to the factual point that the worlds top teams rarely get a win at Celtic. That must be because all the worlds top clubs play like shite when they get there eh?

Yeah that's it. Toe the line, don't speak out. Just nod. If something is total shit, just pretend it didn't happen.

No we haven't lloked like conceding 3 fucking goals per game & no we probably fucking won't.

But if we played like we did at Celtic, yes we would, every fucking week.

But unlikely Pep Guardiola would ever allow that to happen.

That doesn't mean our defence wasn't as bad as Leicester's v Utd, last night. Because it fucking was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.