Celtic v City post match

The majority of Celtic fans are respectful,indeed if you read the same message boards the decent fans urge those who want to protest,to keep it out of the ground.Also Celtic made a sizeable charity donation to Erskine Hospital for example servicemen.

Also do you honestly expect anything else from another teams supporter forums.your going to get negative views and insults flying,as well as more positive opinions (much as on here for example).For what it's worth you'll find Man City will get more positive opinion than the likes of Chelsea and Man utd would ever get.
I said that as when I watched a few YouTube clips the non-participating Celtic fans did nothing. Some probably looked embarrassed, but honestly, knowing our fans, I'm sure if there was any such thing within City's support (or for example outright racism), they'd get have a few telling them to non-politely shut up and (especially in the case in question) threaten violence. Maybe it's in part because your other fans are too tired of all that shit and maybe fear a backlash if not enough others support them but they're letting you down hugely (also with the likes of any IRA chanting). I just think if it's still going on, your other fans should be doing more (the club could temporarily ban with CCTV to stamp it out).

RE: the forums. I know, I've just watched these myths started here and there (mainly from southern rags) from a few years ago on Twitter spread via Twitter to fans of other clubs and now hear it insinuated in the media because so many hear it so much they believe it. I generally dislike when people regurgitate things from other people, particularly nonsense and shit words like "bae." I've heard similar and enough bitterness from Celtic fans I know, that, along with the controversial things a lot of your fans throw up (and due to the large number), it's just tiresome enough for me to say I generally don't like your fanbase (in a generalisation point of view, I know you'll have loads of sound fans too).

Last edited:
I said that as when I watched a few YouTube clips the non-participating Celtic fans did nothing. Some probably looked embarrassed, but honestly, knowing our fans, I'm sure if there was any such thing within City's support (or for example outright racism), they'd get have a few telling them to non-politely shut up and (especially in the case in question) threaten violence. Maybe it's in part because your other fans are too tired of all that shit and maybe fear a backlash if not enough others support them but they're letting you down hugely (also with the likes of any IRA chanting). I just think if it's still going on, your other fans should be doing more (the club could temporarily ban with CCTV to stamp it out).

RE: the forums. I know, I've just watched these myths started here and there (mainly from southern rags) from a few years ago on Twitter spread via Twitter to fans of other clubs and now hear it insinuated in the media because so many hear it so much they believe it. I generally dislike when people regurgitate things from other people without forming their own considered view, particularly nonsense and shit words like "bae."
I understand what your saying and I dont mean to be argumentative (apologise if it comes across that way)but what are you wanting other fans to do exactly,battle them in the stands. I have told you my view,shared by the majority of our support.Indeed the more enlightened of our fans know our history and the likes of James Stokes V.C.Peter Johnstone and Peter Scarfs, all Celtic players who perished in both World Wars.But I'm in no position to tell the N.Irish Catholic fan e.g.how they should behave at that moment

Last edited:
I understand what your saying and I dont mean to be argumentative (apologise if it comes across that way)but what are you wanting other fans to do exactly,battle them in the stands. I have told you my view,shared by the majority of our support.Indeed the more enlightened of our fans know our history and the likes of James Stokes V.C.Peter Johnstone and Peter Scarfs, all Celtic players who perished in both World Wars.But I'm in no position to tell the N.Irish Catholic fan e.g.how they should behave at that moment
There's ways such as putting pressure on the club to issue statements or threaten bans like I mentioned (or is that denying freedom of speech?). Our club is very good with things like that and wouldn't need asking so I'm not sure why yours hasn't done something about it (unless they have tried unsuccessfully). With your fans, I realise I'm in much less of a position to understand your club/fan culture with all that stuff involved. If your fans did want to join our league system anyhow, I very much doubt you'd have a realistic chance until you manage to cut that stuff out (regardless of the money issues now and clubs that'd be against it).

Anyway, think we've done enough of the inevitable Celtic discussions on here now - let's get back to the football - look forward to the return fixture! Will be a lot different of a game I'd think after the in-between games are played (particularly with us up against Barca back to back - not sure we're ready to for 'em yet). Obviously hope we qualify (top if we can) but hope Celtic can clinch 3rd too (especially if you end up knocking the rags out Europa)!

Last edited:
Yeah think we will agree to differ on that subject,no point flogging it to death

The return fixture will be much different,bearing in mind our not so stellar away form in Europe,although I'm much more confident it won't be a hammering.Think Guardiola may be your trump card in the games against Barca,they will be great games im sure.

Our next two fixtures against BMG are pivotal,come out of those games with a better head to head and I will be far more confident that we can secure 3rd spot. I Still look forward to the next fixtures and those special European nights at CP and hope we can secure progress in Europe beyond Christmas.
On your last point We have unfinished business with Mourinho (what an insufferable man),that would be a bonus should we secure a Europa spot.Good luck today in your game against Spurs

I'd also imagine there are plenty of Celtic season ticket holders who are and have been in these famous Scottish regiments. What's the general opinion of the supporters about the Green Brigade who appear to be a bunch of neds who have probably never been across the Irish Sea?

Played well I thought.

Conceded a goal that should have been disallowed for offsides, and an unlucky own-goal.

Still, a draw away at Celtic isn't the end of the world. It hurts our chances for winning the group - but nonetheless I see us going through to the knockouts.

I'd also imagine there are plenty of Celtic season ticket holders who are and have been in these famous Scottish regiments. What's the general opinion of the supporters about the Green Brigade who appear to be a bunch of neds who have probably never been across the Irish Sea?

The Green Brigade on the whole are well received.but they have of course let themselves down on ocassion,I myself hope they cut out the more political stuff which only ducceeds in earning us fines but imo The good they do outweigh the bad.They have undoubtedly added to the atmosphere at CP and at Great expense organised many displays e.g. full stadium v Barca.They have had a great many charity initiatives including refugee football tourney and food bank collections,and they recently raised over £ 170,000 for Palestinian charity's.Of course the media tend to publicise the negatives and gloss over the good they do.My opinion of course won't meet with approval of opposition fans but hey that's Football for ya

Fair play to Celtic, they were well up for it, as were their fans. Great spectacle as a game, but our defending was abysmal at times. Sterling was magnificent though.

There have been a few posts relating to the atmosphere generated. A few guys saying it's not always like that.

No shit Sherlock's.

The atmosphere was a sign of respect to you. The excitement generated was a response to how much we knew City are a brilliant team. By going toe to toe with you made us happy because we hold you in such high regard.

We are hardly likely to be going fanatical against Kidderminster All Stars, but City are one of the best teams in the world, we know and respect that and creating that atmosphere is a direct reflection of that respect and what playing well against you meant to us.

It means so much playing well against a great team, score a few goals and the whole place goes collectively insane. We are a better team that people give us credit for. It's hard to gain that playing in Scotland, even when we are good because how it's perceived.

Before Wednesday you had parted the balls of everyone you came up against. Some of your football had me consider emigrating to Chad.

No one had laid a glove on you. For us to put you on your arse three times, then hang in there like demented but tired madmen, was for us a great achievement because you are top drawer.

A lot has been said about your money and stuff and as far as I can see it's just jealousy. For me, if any club deserved a hand up it was city. I am of a vintage that remembers when times were different for you, but you turned out in numbers home and away through all the shit and I always respected you for that.

My uncle Joe, who sadly passed away before the new investment, was a Manc and a City diehard. He would have loved it. When Aguero scored that goal, I celebrated it for him and smiled inwardly at the scene that would have happened in his living room if he had witnessed it. To say the place would have resembled a demolished building site as he would have gone absolutely Tonto is an understatement.

I thought the game on Wednesday was brilliant. I had prepared for it with a bowl of Valium washed down with malt whisky and was still shiting myself at the very real potential to be forensically dismembered. It was a great game. I remember shouting out, "This is fucking man city we're talking about here".

My partner looked at me as if she just realised she was sharing a room with a deranged nutjob. Making her excuses, she retired to the bedroom to read.

So, well done there.

Undeterred obviously, I carried on in the same vein talking to myself, actually asking myself questions out loud. How was that a foul? Etc etc. I hope I'm not the only one afflicted with this, your the only one in the room but you're having conversations with yourself like a twat. All very loudly I may add.

I thought all of the goals came from mistakes, or a bit of luck of one sort or the other. But that didn't matter. It was end to end for most of the game with you pushing hard for the winner and time actually did stand still.

Work that one out Hawkings.

I was also delighted to read that your support loved the game and the city and were met with friendship and banter. The way it should be.

You now face Barca in a two game battle for top spot. As we all know, it doesn't matter how good you are. How great your defenders are, if those three little fuckers are in the mood, having a row of tanks, machine guns, a couple of Apache strike helicopters and a moat full of sharks won't stop them. You will need to score a few.

But you can.

For us, realistically, it is a two game rumble with the Germans for the Europa League place. Which is a hard task, to put it mildly, but we go in with confidence, which may not be enough, but it's a start.

Depending upon how the results go, our last game against each other could be decisive for both of us and I would rather we had edged out the Germans before that, as I would have more confidence walking unscathed through a lion enclosure with prime steaks stapled to my jumper, around tea time, than getting a result at your gaff.

I wish you well, apart from the game against us obviously. To be honest I wouldn't think you needed it mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.