Cengiz Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose this deal is classed as.....

Under consideration!

Gets his coat....

buy them for peanuts and if they don't work out just sell them. just like Chelsea do. we have nothing to lose really.

The lower the level you play at, the lower the fee, partly because the risk for the buying club is greater (adaptation etc) and partly because the clubs actually need the money more so can't turn down the likes of 8m for a kid.

This way Basaksehir get a guaranteed return which for them is a decent chunk of money, plus a stake in his future and we take on the risk, but with the potential of a greater return.

Of course the risk for us is relatively small because £8m isn't a huge amount of money, but from their point of view, maybe he breaks his leg next season and never recovers, they've missed out on a big pay day, relatively speaking.

On top of that, he'll get much more exposure being a City player, even if he's on loan, than playing in the Turkish league which will increase his price. Then when someone comes to buy him, we're in a strong negotiating position because we don't need the money, we're just trading for profit.

Yea,that's easy enough to understand,how you explained it to be fair,however there are too many if's, but's, and maybe's for my liking,but hey ho it is chicken feed to City that kind of money I suppose,Jesus eh,who would have thought that 10 years back........8m to City in those days would have bought us 3/4 of a team :)

Just dont like the model of us buying a player only to sell him on without 0 intention of him even being tried out for our team. Similar to Chelsea and didn't like them doing it either.

It seems like a good deal for the players and for us and for the selling team. If it was exploitative I would agree.

I'm going to disagree with the field and say this kid makes it to the very top. There is something g special about him.

And no Tugay, he does t have the leftback gene. He is more Messi than Delph :)

buy them for peanuts and if they don't work out just sell them. just like Chelsea do. we have nothing to lose really.
Don't Chelsea have them come from their academy first? Seems like we're skipping that step until we start producing more Rony's Denis' and soon Kelechi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.