Centre back options

Jonathan Tah.

He's bigger than Vinny, but seems more agile and is a ball playing 6'4, 216 lbs CB with nimble skill and confidence on the ball.

This guy is an absolute tank and is being touted as Germany's next big thing for that position.

Oh and he's 20.

Have we been linked to him at all? I've watched him a few times this season and he seems like one of the few CBs that could take us to the next level, so I hope we're keeping an eye on him.

Please Txiki, buy him before he costs 50m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laporte's been awful this season..Hasn't recovered from his injury yet.Rather we sign both VvD and Lucas Hernandez ( He doesn't appeal to many since he isn't a household name)

Jonathan Tah.

He's bigger than Vinny, but seems more agile and is a ball playing 6'4, 216 lbs CB with nimble skill and confidence on the ball.

This guy is an absolute tank and is being touted as Germany's next big thing for that position.

Oh and he's 20.

Have we been linked to him at all? I've watched him a few times this season and he seems like one of the few CBs that could take us to the next level, so I hope we're keeping an eye on him.

Please Txiki, buy him before he costs 50m.

Top top player, been watching him for years since he broke through at Hamburg....

we tried to sign him when he was 17, but couldn't agree a deal.

Pay whatever it takes to get Leonardo Bonucci.

Agreed. I am a big fan of buying young, promising players but I think there comes a time when you need an experienced, consistent head in the team and Bonucci would be that. He would give us so much of what we are missing, leadership, consistency, he can play with the ball at his feet but he is an out and out defender as well.

I think he would solve an awful lot of our problems right now, including giving Bravo a little more protection which is needed.

I hope we can make this happen but I'm highly doubtful it will

Agreed. I am a big fan of buying young, promising players but I think there comes a time when you need an experienced, consistent head in the team and Bonucci would be that. He would give us so much of what we are missing, leadership, consistency, he can play with the ball at his feet but he is an out and out defender as well.

I think he would solve an awful lot of our problems right now, including giving Bravo a little more protection which is needed.

I hope we can make this happen but I'm highly doubtful it will

Just signed a new contract so 0% chance of it.

Laporte's been awful this season..Hasn't recovered from his injury yet.Rather we sign both VvD and Lucas Hernandez ( He doesn't appeal to many since he isn't a household name)
He is from Athletico, so I think he does.

Hopefully this means we can get Laporte cheaper then since he's still a big fish for the top clubs.

Last edited:
Hopefully this means we can get Laporte cheaper then since he's still a big fish for the top clubs.
Bilbao are arguably the toughest negotiators in football..Pay the full release clause or walk. We are desperate for a CB yes,but dont think we'll pay 55 M £,excluding taxes,for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.