Centre back options

I'd prefer Martinez, better on the ball and more composed, only question mark is his pace but he's as quick as Otamendi.
I love Ota, but saying someone is as quick as Ota is not saying much. My granny could keep up with Its in a race :)

if we sell managla maybe, but do we really need another centre back. stones will be back and we have 5 options then, who are more then good enough. if we spend 40/50 m on another centre back who do you drop ?

James Tarkowski at Burnley looks a player. Homegrown, 25 years old, born in Manchester. Very solid defender and surprisingly very good on the ball. He has replaced Michael Keane seamlessly at Burnley. Wouldn't cost the earth either (at least not compared to the likes of Laporte/Van Dijk etc). He also had to bide his time at Burnley being mostly a backup until this season so I could definitely seem him doing the same at City.

Just a thought, probably more likely to go for an experienced head.

Interesting. There was a thread on him during the summer transfer period, but the discussion seemed to fizzle out after it was reported that Barcelona had agreed to pay a 32m buy out clause. No idea what the current status is.

Sorry, missed this!
No idea, I have no knowledge on the previous rumours around Martinez, but I just know for sure he was watched on Friday although I am not sure of the point now as despite a pretty average review, I think we are going ahead
When Pep see's something he likes, he gets!

Sorry, missed this!
No idea, I have no knowledge on the previous rumours around Martinez, but I just know for sure he was watched on Friday although I am not sure of the point now as despite a pretty average review, I think we are going ahead
When Pep see's something he likes, he gets!

No problem. Barcelona are still being linked with him in the Spanish media, but presumably they knew about their own deficiencies at the back then and could have bought him in the summer. Seems that both clubs have been interested in him but thought they might get by with the options at their disposal.

Read this about him:

"Iñigo Martínez: Has won possession in the defensive third more times (566) than any other player in the last five La Liga seasons"

Be interesting to see if we do go for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.