Centre back options

Need to look across the back completely we will go into 18/19 with Maffeo,Walker and Danillo on the right 2 of which can cover centre half Stones, Otamendi, New signing and Tosin (maybe) in the centre Mendy, New signing and Oleks on the left keep Delph as a utility player and honestly don't see a place for Vinny or the Mangler

our strikers are different though as we often change formations and personal upfront. i think thats easier to do with attacking players. we shouldnt be rotating the centre backs all the time. yes we have had injuries, but most of the season we have had the same centre backs. i think it would be difficult to spend 40 or 50m say on another centre and say to him you'll be a bench player- which he would be as stones, kompany and ota would all be ahead of him. we should be going for someone who doesnt mind being on the bench otherwise they will just end up leaving for more first team football.

i dont think it would work having basically 4 first choice centre backs. i can't think of many teams that have that and ones that do usually end up leaving.

Kompany should not be ahead of anybody unless they are struggling. He is completely unreliable.

He should just do what he is asked to, from now on.

The current situation proves beyond all doubt that we are a cb short. We are hoping Mangala can cover it. If he can't we are one injury away from going from an elite unit, to a patch up job. That injury is Vincent Kompany, who spends most of his life injured.

If we have 4 cbs, 4 fullbacks & a full squad of quality players, we should then be trying to win 4 competitions, every season.

Any players who aren't happy, can move on & be replaced by the same quality.

They will all likely play, as we will also pick up injuries & suspensions. When Kompany was fit, Pep rotated his cbs.

Kompany should not be ahead of anybody unless they are struggling. He is completely unreliable.

He should just do what he is asked to, from now on.

The current situation proves beyond all doubt that we are a cb short. We are hoping Mangala can cover it. If he can't we are one injury away from going from an elite unit, to a patch up job. That injury is Vincent Kompany, who spends most of his life injured.

If we have 4 cbs, 4 fullbacks & a full squad of quality players, we should then be trying to win 4 competitions, every season.

Any players who aren't happy, can move on & be replaced by the same quality.

They will all likely play, as we will also pick up injuries & suspensions. When Kompany was fit, Pep rotated his cbs.
Oh Lawd! Revisionist history here.

We should not rely on Kompany at all. His so injury prone and after a long period of no games and finds his way in the starting XI, he will be making mistakes. I feel for him, his such a quality CB but we better see a CB come in on January. Pep knows this season is a great chance to win the title and shut the critics up, no telling how things are going to be next season, so now we really have to throw everything we got at it. In order to continue to win, we have to get someone else. Pep doesn't trust Mangala, and even stated he won't stop him if he wanted to leave, I mean that is him just saying, "Mangala, I love you but gtfo!".

In terms of options.

I would love to see VVD at City. Idk about you guys but I've always seen him as a younger version of Kompany but with speed and much better on the ball. The problem will be that the Saints will demand so much money. Imo, I think he will go to Liverpool because VVD was already pushing to go to the club before the window closed. Liverpool want a CB badly and will wait until the summer. I doubt he joins us. I mean for Liverpool the price was 70mil, what do you guys think the price will be for City, 90mil? I just don't see Pep wanting the club to break the bank for him. I think either Ingio Martiniez or Johnny Evans will come in.

What the fuck are you talking about !! ?

I've been saying we need central defenders for three fucking years & that it's a huge mistake to rely on Kompany.

I still think we need central defenders.
This is you doing what you always do. Finessing truth to fit your new false reality.

1. To say "you've been saying we needed new Central defenders for 3 years" is silly. And can only make sense to someone who plays loose with facts.

Your point all along was that we needed a top CB to partner Kompany and take over the control of our defense when Kompany is injured.

The reason why you held this opinion ( like many) is because you didn't think either Stones or Otamendi were good enough withoiy Kompany. And thus needed Kompany to play well.

The fact since then have shown Stones and Otamendi to be good enough. Thus your fear that we only had one good capable ( but injury prone) defender and thus the basis for your reason why we needed another top defender has been proven false. We have 3 top Defenders. Not 1 like you thought. And thus still suggesting you were right we needed another CH flies in the face of fact and trurh
As it turns out ( and as some kept telling you all summer) we have 3 capable CBs.

So to now say you've been saying we needed CBs without putting what that meant in context is At best Trump-ian subterfuge at its finest and at worst a bit delusional

Like I said...... Revisionist History!!!!

Stop it!

Last edited:
We should not rely on Kompany at all. His so injury prone and after a long period of no games and finds his way in the starting XI, he will be making mistakes. I feel for him, his such a quality CB but we better see a CB come in on January. Pep knows this season is a great chance to win the title and shut the critics up, no telling how things are going to be next season, so now we really have to throw everything we got at it. In order to continue to win, we have to get someone else. Pep doesn't trust Mangala, and even stated he won't stop him if he wanted to leave, I mean that is him just saying, "Mangala, I love you but gtfo!".

In terms of options.

I would love to see VVD at City. Idk about you guys but I've always seen him as a younger version of Kompany but with speed and much better on the ball. The problem will be that the Saints will demand so much money. Imo, I think he will go to Liverpool because VVD was already pushing to go to the club before the window closed. Liverpool want a CB badly and will wait until the summer. I doubt he joins us. I mean for Liverpool the price was 70mil, what do you guys think the price will be for City, 90mil? I just don't see Pep wanting the club to break the bank for him. I think either Ingio Martiniez or Johnny Evans will come in.
The infatuation with VVD is over the top. I'd rather the Christiansen kid from Chelsea or a few lefties abroad.

The infatuation with VVD is over the top. I'd rather the Christiansen kid from Chelsea or a few lefties abroad.
What I've seen of Christiansen looks great, but do you seriously think there is any chance of them selling him?

This is you doing what you always do. Finessing truth to fit your new false reality.

1. To say "you've been saying we needed new Central defenders for 3 years" is silly. And can only make sense to someone who plays loose with facts.

Your point all along was that we needed a top CB to partner Kompany and take over the control of our defense when Kompany is injured.

The reason why you held this opinion ( like many) is because you didn't think either Stones or Otamendi were good enough withoiy Kompany. And thus needed Kompany to play well.

The fact since then have shown Stones and Otamendi to be good enough. Thus your fear that we only had one good capable ( but injury prone) defender and thus the basis for your reason why we needed another top defender has been proven false. We have 3 top Defenders. Not 1 like you thought. And thus still suggesting you were right we needed another CH flies in the face of fact and trurh
As it turns out ( and as some kept telling you all summer) we have 3 capable CBs.

So to now say you've been saying we needed CBs without putting what that meant in context is At best Trump-ian subterfuge at its finest and at worst a bit delusional

Stop

You are like a spoilt little fucking kid.

I said we need TWO centre backs. One to partner Kompany & one to cover if he is, as usual, injured.

Because we spent 50 mil on Stones I assumed we were going to go with him

Stop it!

I HAVE been saying I thought we needed cbs for 3 years & I've fully admitted that Otta & Stones have played really well, so it hasn't bitten us on the arse as I feared. I have clearly said tgat.

I also said I wanted TWO of them, one to replace Otamendi & one to cover because Kompany will get injured. I am happy with Otamendi so far, but not with the lack of a replacement for Kompany as I don't trust Otamendi to be as good next to Mangala or similar.

I have said all along & am still saying it now, that we should not gamble with Kompany & have argued the point with you on numerous occasions. Just because Otamendi has played better than I expected, has not changed my opinion & nor has it changed my opinion that I would prefer someone faster than him next to Stones or Kompany (if fit).

But to deny I have been saying we need to have backup for Kompany, when you know for a fact I have said it, & I inagine every fucker on here knows it, I have even quoted Pep as saying it & then gping back on it.

I woudn't mind if I'd actually claimed Otamendi has played badly & needed replacing as I thought he would pre season but I've not even said that. If Mangala had played equally as well, I would be also admitting we don't need another Kompany.

But he isn't & the ongoing point I have made is that we should not rely on Kompany, in any role, especially as the key cb, as we are doing right now because he can drop at any moment. He should be a bonus not a necessity.

And tbh, you are a proper turd for trying to twist that.

Otamendi's resurgence have been a pleasant surprise for me. I don't think we can do much better than the Otamendi-Stones partnership at this point. My only concern is who'll back them up. Mangala is gonna make a costly mistake at some point. Kompany is made of glass. And Pep, for some reason, is not playing Adarabioyo. We'll need a CB in the summer at the latest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.