Centre back options

I HAVE been saying I thought we needed cbs for 3 years & I've fully admitted that Otta & Stones have played really well, so it hasn't bitten us on the arse as I feared. I have clearly said tgat.

I also said I wanted TWO of them, one to replace Otamendi & one to cover because Kompany will get injured. I am happy with Otamendi so far, but not with the lack of a replacement for Kompany as I don't trust Otamendi to be as good next to Mangala or similar.

I have said all along & am still saying it now, that we should not gamble with Kompany & have argued the point with you on numerous occasions. Just because Otamendi has played better than I expected, has not changed my opinion & nor has it changed my opinion that I would prefer someone faster than him next to Stones or Kompany (if fit).

But to deny I have been saying we need to have backup for Kompany, when you know for a fact I have said it, & I inagine every fucker on here knows it, I have even quoted Pep as saying it & then gping back on it.

I woudn't mind if I'd actually claimed Otamendi has played badly & needed replacing as I thought he would pre season but I've not even said that. If Mangala had played equally as well, I would be also admitting we don't need another Kompany.

But he isn't & the ongoing point I have made is that we should not rely on Kompany, in any role, especially as the key cb, as we are doing right now because he can drop at any moment. He should be a bonus not a necessity.

And tbh, you are a proper turd for trying to twist that.
You are conflating issues again. I never said you didn't say Pep "said we needed a backup for Kompany."

Our argument was whether we already had that backup or not.You didn't think we did. I said we had 3 capable starters so the backup (1 of the 3 is already there). You even said Johny Evans was good enough as 4th choice. So, Unless you are now saying Johny Evans was the level of backup you were suggesting, I don't understand your new claim.

Frankly, you had no faith in either John or Nico. You wanted Nico gone and someone like Bonuuci brought in for John to learn from. Thus, the 2 starters then being Komp and Bonucci with John as their backup.

Your view being that Komps or Bonucci can protect/instruct John in the oftchance that Komps got injured.

Yes, you have been unnecessarily calling for Cbs every year even though we in fact have gotten 1 every year bar this year. Mangala, Otamendi and Stones to name the last 3.

So to suggest your point was that we "needed" Centre halves, is a bit disingenuous. Your point was that the ones we had were not good enough!

Again we have gotten a CB every season for 6 seasons prior to this one. So by default, if you thought we needed a CB it was simply because you thought the ones we had weren't good enough! To paint it otherwise is simply revisionism.

Its like Donald Trump saying the Access Hollywood tape is a fake a year after admitting and apologizing for it.

Otamendi's resurgence have been a pleasant surprise for me. I don't think we can do much better than the Otamendi-Stones partnership at this point. My only concern is who'll back them up. Mangala is gonna make a costly mistake at some point. Kompany is made of glass. And Pep, for some reason, is not playing Adarabioyo. We'll need a CB in the summer at the latest.
At the beginning of the summer I declared we didn't need a Center back. We had a historical world in Komps, a top 20 in Euope Otamendi and a developing Stones with superb potential. I said those 3 were equal starters and Kolarov was a capable leftsided backup.

Then Kolarov chose to leave. At that point i suggested we needed a ball playing backup CB. I suggested Vlad Chiriches to great ridicule. The point being we needed a skilled CB who'd be fine not playing most of the time in the league and CL bit had the skill to execute our passing style in the cups at a pinch.

At the end of the summer.Pep tried to pinch Evans. The very epitome of the kind of player I had described "ball playing, and okay with 4th choice "

Unfortunately, it fell thru. Vlad for 7 million would have been a far better choice. City seriously should hire me :(

At the beginning of the summer I declared we didn't need a Center back. We had a historical world in Komps, a top 20 in Euope Otamendi and a developing Stones with superb potential. I said those 3 were equal starters and Kolarov was a capable leftsided backup.

Then Kolarov chose to leave. At that point i suggested we needed a ball playing backup CB. I suggested Vlad Chiriches to great ridicule. The point being we needed a skilled CB who'd be fine not playing most of the time in the league and CL bit had the skill to execute our passing style in the cups at a pinch.

At the end of the summer.Pep tried to pinch Evans. The very epitome of the kind of player I had described "ball playing, and okay with 4th choice "

Unfortunately, it fell thru. Vlad for 7 million would have been a far better choice. City seriously should hire me :(
I do like Vlad think he has a big future but signing another foreign player for a backup position in defense is a no no for me, if he was a huge potential then yes, Evans is a stop gap regardless of his rag past and a no no as well this summer we bought experience and have 2 places left if Mangala goes LCB and LB both back ups i would buy young and english
by the way i would have bought VVD before Celtic and ali before Tottenham Sessegnon and Henry two years ago do you think i could get a job

I do like Vlad think he has a big future but signing another foreign player for a backup position in defense is a no no for me, if he was a huge potential then yes, Evans is a stop gap regardless of his rag past and a no no as well this summer we bought experience and have 2 places left if Mangala goes LCB and LB both back ups i would buy young and english
by the way i would have bought VVD before Celtic and ali before Tottenham Sessegnon and Henry two years ago do you think i could get a job
B
At the time I was thinking of it as a replacement for Kolarov. The foreign spot was already there and was just ginna be a swap. But i hear you, wasting foreign spots on backups is not an efficient use of limited foreign spots.

Which English CH would you recommend for backup roles?

btw, don't like our back up goalie being foreign either. Sessegnon for LB is easy and seemed a no brainer to me.

Mangala should've been shifted last summer. That would open a place for another foreign CB. I agree that it would be better if we could sign a CB that can challenge Otamendi's place. Laporte would've been perfect. Lucas Hernandez would be fine for me too. I'd rather we stay away from Evans.

B
At the time I was thinking of it as a replacement for Kolarov. The foreign spot was already there and was just ginna be a swap. But i hear you, wasting foreign spots on backups is not an efficient use of limited foreign spots.

Which English CH would you recommend for backup roles?

btw, don't like our back up goalie being foreign either. Sessegnon for LB is easy and seemed a no brainer to me.
Gunn for goalie
Mings for back up LCB
Henry before Sessegnon
i dont mind foreign as long as it is huge potential

Kind of feels to me that if we want a left sided cb then we could have done worse than stick with Matija Nastasić. Classy player who I think could have got better and better.

You are conflating issues again. I never said you didn't say Pep "said we needed a backup for Kompany."

Our argument was whether we already had that backup or not.You didn't think we did. I said we had 3 capable starters so the backup (1 of the 3 is already there). You even said Johny Evans was good enough as 4th choice. So, Unless you are now saying Johny Evans was the level of backup you were suggesting, I don't understand your new claim.

Frankly, you had no faith in either John or Nico. You wanted Nico gone and someone like Bonuuci brought in for John to learn from. Thus, the 2 starters then being Komp and Bonucci with John as their backup.

Your view being that Komps or Bonucci can protect/instruct John in the oftchance that Komps got injured.

Yes, you have been unnecessarily calling for Cbs every year even though we in fact have gotten 1 every year bar this year. Mangala, Otamendi and Stones to name the last 3.

So to suggest your point was that we "needed" Centre halves, is a bit disingenuous. Your point was that the ones we had were not good enough!

Again we have gotten a CB every season for 6 seasons prior to this one. So by default, if you thought we needed a CB it was simply because you thought the ones we had weren't good enough! To paint it otherwise is simply revisionism.

Its like Donald Trump saying the Access Hollywood tape is a fake a year after admitting and apologizing for it.

I'm supposed to apologise ?

I have already said, I wanted to replace Otamendi. (I still do, I want a bigger, faster, better player there) but I'm happy with him at the moment &he is playing well. That isn't enough & I'm supposed to appologise, to YOU I suppose ?

I have already said I wanted TWO centre backs. One in place of Otamendi & one to partner/replace Kompany.

Therefore I have already said I wanted another Kompany level cb. (I still do)

Why are you claiming that it is an 'offchance' that Kompany gets injured ? Because I am fucking stupid & don't realise it is a likelihood ? I don't watch City perhaps ? I was telling lies & didn't really mean it when I said Pep was taking a huge gamble and actually I assumed Kompany would be fit ?

'So to suggest your point was that we "needed" Centre halves, is a bit disingenuous. Your point was that the ones we had were not good enough!'

So let's get this straight: I now want to sign a cb, because I enjoy spending money, as I really think we don't need any ?

Why am I even having to explain, something I have been posting every fucking week, for 3/4 years, even when we win, & haven't changed ?

Simple: Because you are a nappy wearing cyber fanny.

Get a fucking life.

I think we might go back in for Bonucci. Milan is struggling and I think they will have to start offloading players if they don`t reache Europe. Don`t know the how the situation is with his son and all that tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.