Centre back options

Good. Don't want him. Let's take the Brazilian off Juve instead.

You'd have to presume Sandro would be on his way...which is odd as he's the better player. One of the most creative players in Europe in terms of chances created

The rags have 'decided against' signing Fonte, according to the media. Which usually means he is going to one of the teams they consider rivals but don't want to appear inferior to.

But Southampton players normally sign for Liverpool, so it could be that.

Unlikely he's asked for a transfer without having a potential move lined up though. It would tick the boxes as an older, short term player to stiffen up the squad whilst transitioning to a younger defence.

Shaw? Schneiderlin? 55m of rag money to Southampton in the last couple of years.

You'd have to presume Sandro would be on his way...which is odd as he's the better player. One of the most creative players in Europe in terms of chances created
More likely than not, it's the Rag old head who is getting moved on.

Of course, forgot about Evra but would Kolasinac go as back up?
Not really, he goes to compete. Hell probably lose and share. Just like Sandro shared with Evra last season.

Besides his versatility suggest he might get time at LCB in a 3 CB formation.

There would be enough opportunities and Kolasinac is not of the caliber to demand a starting spot. That is probably reserved for Alaba, Marcelo, and maybe Alba. I doubt there are any other LBs in the world who could demand starting if they moved.

Well according to the stats Otamendi is the best Centre Half in the League, But he is clearly a doer and not a leader. My only issue is his going to ground and he really has stopped doing this a lot.
John Stones can play as a 2nd Centre Half or as a DM (for the formation switches that Pep Likes). Kompany will only ever be a reserve CH/RB/DM for us as far as I can see.
That means we need One Centre Half and that is Virgil Van Dijk. He was sublime against Liverpool last night in the LC Semi Final 1st Leg. Premier League experience is vital so, for me, we break the bank. Both Van Dijk and Otamendi would be a wall of death for the opposition to break down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.