Centre back options

Otamendi is 30 in a few weeks.
Kompany is 32 in April and always injured.

Do we really need to buy a 30 year old JFE??? I know £24m is not much in today’s market but this is still an expensive stop gap signing.

Harry Maguire is 25 y.o. this season and has all the attributes Pep is looking for. He would fit right in. Much better value even if we pay £50m.

I think Stones is Kompanys replacement. JFEs advantage is he is mature experienced and most importantly available now. Mango will be on his way I think, Tosin will go on loan and what we will be looking at next is a top prospect to eventually take over from the general.

I wonder if he regrets not coming here.

I don't blame him for wanting to respect the club he's grown at by staying and increasing his release clause; however, the manner in which he did it was very poor. It is a shame though because he would be perfect as our LCB and I think he may have been waiting on Barca or Real, both of which have promoted/bought young CBs since he rejected us. He's SOL at the moment in terms of moving to a big club.

Either Martinez or Maguire are the better option than Jonny Evans but both are still inexperienced at the top level and don't seem likely Vincent Kompany long term replacement.

Last edited:
I don't think any of the centre halves we've been linked with are good enough. It's about time we spent big on genuine quality in this area of the pitch, not on potential or gambles like the Mangler, but someone who will come in and do a job. If needs be we should be trying to prize someone from one of the established clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.