Centre back options

Otamendi and Stones are good, but neither of them marshall the defence,

....we need back up for Kompany, someone who can lead the line!

Anyone, other than myself, think Éder Álvarez Balanta is worth a look? Playing for Basel now, was at River Plate before that and is a Colombian international.

The lad is only 23 but is big, strong and left foot, but capable using his right foot. A good defender and comfortable going g forward.

"Balanta is described by FIFA's official website as "left-footed, powerfully built, strong in the air and a fearless tackler ... blessed with skill and speed"

Anyone, other than myself, think Éder Álvarez Balanta is worth a look? Playing for Basel now, was at River Plate before that and is a Colombian international.

The lad is only 23 but is big, strong and left foot, but capable using his right foot. A good defender and comfortable going g forward.

"Balanta is described by FIFA's official website as "left-footed, powerfully built, strong in the air and a fearless tackler ... blessed with skill and speed"

How's he doing these days? He was my first signing on every FM save a few years ago.

Think I remember Tim Vickery a couple of years back on Talk***** saying he was the 'real deal' or words to that effect. This was when he was asked his opinion on Funes Mori, who he said lacked pace, but Palanta was supposedly a class above.

Think I remember Tim Vickery a couple of years back on Talk***** saying he was the 'real deal' or words to that effect. This was when he was asked his opinion on Funes Mori, who he said lacked pace, but Palanta was supposedly a class above.

I'm obviously not a professional scout but I was hoping we'd be in for him last summer. Vickery being based in South America, had a knowledge the average English journo doesn't on SA footballers. I agree with him on Álvarez Balanta. The lad can play and I think he'd do well here. FWIW, I like Funes Mori as a player.

There's been a few blokes who've played in Argentina that have come to England and they seem to hold their own here.

Last edited:

Isnt that Mangler?! :-|

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.