Centre back options

The couple of Swansea games I have seen, Alfie Mawson looks like a very good prospect. 23 years old and has scored a couple of goals for them. We need English players so I reckon he is worth looking at.

Think I remember Tim Vickery a couple of years back on Talk***** saying he was the 'real deal' or words to that effect. This was when he was asked his opinion on Funes Mori, who he said lacked pace, but Palanta was supposedly a class above.
Balanta had a series of quite serious injuries then apparently made a few mistakes after coming back, lost confidence and didn't reach the level he was at before.

No idea how he's doing at Basel though.

We were supposed to be after Yerri Mina, another Colombian centre-back at Jesus' old club Palmeiras, but Barca area after him as well and he'd prefer to go there.

If we are willing to spend vast amounts of money on a defender who is over the age of 30, shouldn't Koscielny be considered?

Speaking in the world on the 1st May....

If we are willing to spend vast amounts of money on a defender who is over the age of 30, shouldn't Koscielny be considered?

Bonucci is 5x the player that Koscielny is, so no.

2 years younger as well, but that's sort of moot.

Apart from Virgil, I dont anyone who can improve our CB.

But I am satisfied with Stones, Kolarov, Otamendi & Kompany/Denayer to cover this position.

Yeah I hope we don't get rid of Denayer so soon, he's still young. Look at Savic and Boateng now, starting at Atletico and Bayern

Apart from Virgil, I dont anyone who can improve our CB.

But I am satisfied with Stones, Kolarov, Otamendi & Kompany/Denayer to cover this position.
Agreed with your 2nd paragraph. I also agree Virgil could improve it. Whether there aren't others who can too is debatable.

I think possession fullbacks and a better goalie is what would skyrocket the defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.