Centre back options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Tugay One Cup, 18 Nov 2016.

1. Dax777

Dax777

A small watering hole in a desert basin of dreg :)

2. Hart of the Matter

Hart of the Matter

I think all our 'failed' left CBs have one more thing in common. That is they had to cover for the left backs...

3. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

Who is believed to be the CB options in front of Martinez?

4. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I'm not saying he is'nt, what I am saying is that even with him we wont win the league easily

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Excatly

6. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

The problem is, neither Stones nor Otamendi have been very good.

Of the two, Otamendi has been better, but we invested a lot of money in Stones' potential, so Otamendi's position is at risk.

But the solution to making a squad place available, should be solved by getting rid of Kolarov, then if Otamendi doesn't get his shit together, get rid of him next season.

Unless we are signing two cbs, in which case, off he goes.

7. TonyM

TonyM

My thoughts exactly.

Btw what do you think of Boateng, Naval Naval?

8. Ruzzles

Ruzzles

Otamendi has resell value Kolarov does not.

If Otamendi stays and doesn't get his shit together and doesn't play much he won't have any resell value either, it makes sense to sell him instead of Kolarov.

9. richards30

richards30

No one knows mate!!

10. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

Looking the way we have conducted business over the last 9 years, I don't think we decide to either keep or get rid of first team squad players on the basis of worrying about resale values. I'd be surprised if that starts now with Otamendi. The only thing is that presumably nobody is going to take Kolarov whereas we would actually be able to get rid of Otamendi so it may come down to that if we buy another CB and they can't all be squeezed into the squad due to quotas. Mind you, I don't imagine we won't buy an attacker if Bony stays and we were happy to get Bernardo in despite Nasri potentially staying so I don't know why we would be worried about buying a CB just because the mighty Kolarov would still be at the club.