Centre back options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Tugay One Cup, 18 Nov 2016.

1. Ruzzles

Ruzzles

That's what i said.

2. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

You said that we should sell Otamendi now because his value might go down by next summer. My point is we should get rid of Kolarov if possible but might have no choice as I doubt anyone would take Kolarov. Slightly different but, yes, would probably arrive at the same conclusion. Unless we are prepared to have Kolarov around the place and potentially not even be in the squad. Don't know if it would have to come to that, not sure of the numbers in terms of home grown players etc.

3. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I thought he was a bit of a coward at City so I don't know if he would grow some balls to play in the Prem, or revert back to being that player.

Having said that, a ballsless Boateng is still better than headless, out of position Otamendi or the current careless Stones.

4. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Resell value should not come into it, only if we need the money now, for this transfer window.

Otherwise, it should be judged on what is best, this season, for the squad. Imo that would be replacing Kolarov with a top cb.

But if Pep decided he can't trust Otamendi & wanted him out, that would be a totally different matter. I don't see how he can ever be worse than Kolarov though.

5. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

Or as those two are known in Dax's parallel universe, the third best central defence in the country behind Spurs and Chelsea.

6. Andy Morrisons jock strap

Andy Morrisons jock strap

Because he is a leader and drives the others on like no one else in the team, as i said its not just the fact he is in the top 3 CBs in Europe with his ability but also how he organises the team, no coincidence the past 2 years with him out injured we have been nowhere near winning the league

7. Andy Morrisons jock strap

Andy Morrisons jock strap

Maybe not easily but i'll wager we will be very close if we get 25 games out of him the coming season

8. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

@Dax777 is correct though.

9. silvasdreamyfringe

silvasdreamyfringe

For me Otamendi stays and ideally we sign the best experienced CB we can this window and sell Kolarov for whatever we can (still more than a free next year). Review next year if Kompany can stay injury free then we could risk selling Otamendi. Look to bring in a top class young CB like Laporte or hopefully Tosin will have had a successful loan somewhere. This would mean something like this
    17-18 CBs: Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Experienced CB
    18-19 CBs: Kompany/Otamendi, Stones, Experienced CB, Laporte/Tosin/......

Would've loved Bonucci a shame he didn't fancy the PL, not really sure who out there has enough quality to buy. I think we should only be buying players who are of the highest bracket now as we have a top squad. I think it would be better to make do with Kolarov for a year to ensure we buy the best possible than to get the best readily available player who we would end up 18 months later look to ship off.

10. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Laporte. will. never. sign. here.