Centre of attention

King_Ralph_Blumer said:
Dont you just love it.
the rags have signed 2 players today and it hardly features as news.
we are tomorrows chip wrappers for the whole of the month.

They are the days biggest spenders

This is that Taggart's said they're done now for the transfer window. I'm sure people like Sky Sports and Talksport just have a reporter based at Carrington 24/7!

stony said:
King_Ralph_Blumer said:
Dont you just love it.
the rags have signed 2 players today and it hardly features as news.
we are tomorrows chip wrappers for the whole of the month.

They are the days biggest spenders

the press has spent the day worrying about what we're going to do next, it won't matter if we're not the big spenders on the day. expect that to continue.

Two unknown Serbians, one of whom is presumably so bad they aren't even going to take him yet. In the meantime Tevez is hoping that they'll sign him while they drag it out to hide the fact they haven't got the money and don't want him to piss off in the January window.

zeusbheld said:
the press has spent the day worrying about what we're going to do next, it won't matter if we're not the big spenders on the day. expect that to continue.

Love us or hate us (the press, this is), simple fact is in these hard up times we are the only club likely to offer a "sensational" story. Pre ADUG, this month's biggest story would probably have been where Defoe would end up. Nothing else of interest likely to happen... and anything that does will most likely be a knock on effect of our cash going into other clubs. Which is why I hope we don't do too much Premier League based business, at least not a mega deal... we should significantly improve this window and hopefully the deals we do local will only serve to weaken the competition and not give them an awful lot of money.

That said, I would have expected them to be all over the Eto / Villa stuff by now. And Chris Bailey at the MEN laughably described the Bridge deal as Hughes top target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.