Champions League: BT extends TV rights until 2021 in deal worth £1.2bn

Another nail in the football coffin

Slowly dying and the powers that be can't see it

Does that mean they will extend Wio,Owen,Scholes and all the other Rag pundits contracts , or will they go all impartial and get Keane , chuckle brothers , Bryan Riggs and baconface to discuss our games

Does that mean they will extend Wio,Owen,Scholes and all the other Rag pundits contracts , or will they go all impartial and get Keane , chuckle brothers , Bryan Riggs and baconface to discuss our games
Special City pundit team of Crerand and Charlton.

correct,,,it needs to go back on the beeb or itv. the last i heard was uefa were complaining the viewing fig were down and they wanted it back on free to air so this has come as a shock

UEFA is obviously more interested in the money BT is offering than worrying about viewing figures.

£28 a month they want for for HD on Sky if you don't take BT broadband... which is itself much more expensive than alternative broadband deals.

I can't see anyone not with BT paying this.

Effectively they've managed to make the CL a BT Broadband only channel.

£28 a month they want for for HD on Sky if you don't take BT broadband... which is itself much more expensive than alternative broadband deals.

I can't see anyone not with BT paying this.

Effectively they've managed to make the CL a BT Broadband only channel.
I'm pretty sure that was the idea behind bringing out the sports channel.

I'm pretty sure that was the idea behind bringing out the sports channel.
I'm sure it was.

On a slightly different note, just how shallow are UEFA, moaning about declining viewing figures and then selling to the company with the smallest audience, which guess what, has paid the most money. Quelle surprise.

I'm sure it was.

On a slightly different note, just how shallow are UEFA, moaning about declining viewing figures and then selling to the company with the smallest audience, which guess what, has paid the most money. Quelle surprise.
Yeah, tbf the only reason they were moaning about viewing figures is because they were obviously worrying about advertising income in the UK. They were never going to care once the money from BT increased by more than enough to offset any potential loss. The social media free to air thing for the finals is a disgrace as well, should be on free to air full stop.

Yeah, tbf the only reason they were moaning about viewing figures is because they were obviously worrying about advertising income in the UK. They were never going to care once the money from BT increased by more than enough to offset any potential loss. The social media free to air thing for the finals is a disgrace as well, should be on free to air full stop.
Hopefully they sort out the infrastructure. I watched last year's CL final on Youtube and it was about 10 minutes behind and the quality was pretty poor.

Hopefully they sort out the infrastructure. I watched last year's CL final on Youtube and it was about 10 minutes behind and the quality was pretty poor.
This would be my worry, Youtube and Facebook streams are, on the whole, fairly shite quality, far worse than the pirate streams of the TV channels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.