Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

I watched a bit of the trouble on the telly it looked to me that the Police caused most of the problems .i know some lads that went and they said the same

I'm not so sure. I live in Rome and I remember all the mess happened that day.

Roma and Lazio play in european competitions almost every year, and if we consider also the Six Nation's games, every year thousand of foreign fans come to Rome, and nothing ever happened. Until the arrival of the Feyenoord fans.

I don't throw the baby out with the bath water, the most of the Feyenoord fans were really quiet, but there was a small group who caused a lot of problems, first of all the damage of one of the most important momuments in Rome, a fountain of the 1600's at Spanish Steps. The group, under the influence of alcohol and drugs, stepped into the fountain and threw bottles and rubbish in it, then they clashed with the police.

I'm sorry but they got what they deserved.

Roma and Lazio play in european competitions almost every year, and if we consider also the Six Nation's games, every year thousand of foreign fans come to Rome, and nothing ever happened. Until the arrival of the Feyenoord fans.

I don't throw the baby out with the bath water, the most of the Feyenoord fans were really quiet, but there was a small group who caused a lot of problems, first of all the damage of one of the most important momuments in Rome, a fountain of the 1600's at Spanish Steps. The group, under the influence of alcohol and drugs, stepped into the fountain and threw bottles and rubbish in it, then they clashed with the police.

I never beleve that people get what they deserve .if individuals did something wrong they should be arested and took to court not get battered by the police many inocent people were caught up in the disturbence as that was an area the police allowed fans to go to and allowed them to drink there all day

Last edited:

This is really bullshit, i'm sorry. I know A LOT of people who were there and the Roman policemen played a disguisting role in this whole thing. The supporters were held together on the square, surrounded by policemen, as if they were beasts. Weren't allowed to leave the area and when they wanted to go to a toilet or to get something to drink, they were laughed at by the policemen.

I don't say that Feyenoord-supporters are "saints", not at all, but this whole thing has two sides.

Also in Machester last year there were thousands of Feynoord-fans and not a thing went wrong. Why would that be? Maybe because the English police was much more relaxed than the paranoia Roman policemen?

No tickets for Feyenoord fans in Napoli? Oh well, I surely hope Feyenoord will give 0 tickets to Napoli-fans then....

But tickets or no tickets, be advised that at least 2000-3000 Feyenoord supporters will be heading to Napoli.

I really hope that this matter can be sorted out in a way that's good for everyone, so that Napoli will not look like Pompeii after september 26th ;)

This is really bullshit, i'm sorry. I know A LOT of people who were there and the Roman policemen played a disguisting role in this whole thing. The supporters were held together on the square, surrounded by policemen, as if they were beasts. Weren't allowed to leave the area and when they wanted to go to a toilet or to get something to drink, they were laughed at by the policemen.

I don't say that Feyenoord-supporters are "saints", not at all, but this whole thing has two sides.

Also in Machester last year there were thousands of Feynoord-fans and not a thing went wrong. Why would that be? Maybe because the English police was much more relaxed than the paranoia Roman policemen?

No tickets for Feyenoord fans in Napoli? Oh well, I surely hope Feyenoord will give 0 tickets to Napoli-fans then....

But tickets or no tickets, be advised that at least 2000-3000 Feyenoord supporters will be heading to Napoli.

I really hope that this matter can be sorted out in a way that's good for everyone, so that Napoli will not look like Pompeii after september 26th ;)

Hope you get sorted - like you say surely the police would prefer you were all at the stadium instead of spread out across the city, angry that you can't get to the game!

Do you know where away supporters usually congregate during the day in Rotterdam? Or could you recommend somewhere we could go.

I'm happy with the draw - should win our group. Unlucky to finish 2nd. Not advancing - is simply unacceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.