Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Cheers Feyenoord Fever,explains Telstar too.

Not sure City have a great friendship with QPR .....always had one with Sunderland and West Ham though.

Its 1 big fun time as a Feyenoord fan which is forever blowing bubbles too....(seasontickets for both clubs)

Westblaak area is quite a cool area, very close to the witte de with and oude haven, which I think are the best drinking spots. Stadhuisplein is an area which I also tend to avoid.

I was in Rotterdam for a European tie with Hearts about 12 years ago.
Drinking in the Big Ben pub when it was attacked by Feyenoord casuals.
Police were quickly on the scene but they shut the square down and a good day was spoiled.
Inside the ground they started to have kid on fights hoping that the police intervened,so they could start fighting with them.
Away fans were surrounded by arseholes both sides.A huge clear partition separating them
Funny to watch their antics at trying to be hard.
After the game we were in some pub with a huge tree at the bar.
Away from the main area the fans were drinking
Easily the worst away Eurppean match day experience I have had.
You had to be on your guard at all times.
Hence the reason I'm staying in Amsterdam this time

I was in Rotterdam for a European tie with Hearts about 12 years ago.
Drinking in the Big Ben pub when it was attacked by Feyenoord casuals.
Police were quickly on the scene but they shut the square down and a good day was spoiled.
Inside the ground they started to have kid on fights hoping that the police intervened,so they could start fighting with them.
Away fans were surrounded by arseholes both sides.A huge clear partition separating them
Funny to watch their antics at trying to be hard.
After the game we were in some pub with a huge tree at the bar.
Away from the main area the fans were drinking
Easily the worst away Eurppean match day experience I have had.
You had to be on your guard at all times.
Hence the reason I'm staying in Amsterdam this time

I get you, in 2005 some 'Feyenoord fans' still had a firm which was active in the city. I'm quite sure we don't have that anymore since most of these guys quitted (and instead trying to earn a living by selling books and other ridiculous things about their 'heroism'). Only a few polish blokes who fight in the name of Feyenoord in remote areas and on appointment with other 'hoolies'. The city has become more open and international and I have only seen fight scenes at the stadhuisplein area.

If you want to escape the business of Amsterdam I would suggest Delft for you, it's a little city on a 12 minute train drive from Rotterdam Central Station and it is as old and beautiful as Amsterdam but less crowded and has quite a few cool bars. (The best for big groups is by far the Bierfabriek).

2 weeks to go and still no ticket news for Feyenoord. I guess they would want to post out tickets by next Thursday latest. So collection in Rotterdam seems likely. This gives them more time to get their act together.
Reading this thread you start to believe that demand will be sky high. But the reality could be very different given the short notice

2 weeks to go and still no ticket news for Feyenoord. I guess they would want to post out tickets by next Thursday latest. So collection in Rotterdam seems likely. This gives them more time to get their act together.
Reading this thread you start to believe that demand will be sky high. But the reality could be very different given the short notice

Demand will be high for this one. Easy/cheap to get to, new ground, and most appealing of the three trips (taking into account Naples reputation). Ticket collection probably not a bad idea for this one as long as its done in a sensible location and they are well staffed. Wouldn't want to waste another hour and a bit like in Glasgow.

I get you, in 2005 some 'Feyenoord fans' still had a firm which was active in the city. I'm quite sure we don't have that anymore since most of these guys quitted (and instead trying to earn a living by selling books and other ridiculous things about their 'heroism'). Only a few polish blokes who fight in the name of Feyenoord in remote areas and on appointment with other 'hoolies'. The city has become more open and international and I have only seen fight scenes at the stadhuisplein area.

If you want to escape the business of Amsterdam I would suggest Delft for you, it's a little city on a 12 minute train drive from Rotterdam Central Station and it is as old and beautiful as Amsterdam but less crowded and has quite a few cool bars. (The best for big groups is by far the Bierfabriek).
Thanks for info.
Staying over in Amsterdam.Going to the Van Gogh museum on the Thursday.

Demand will be high for this one. Easy/cheap to get to, new ground, and most appealing of the three trips (taking into account Naples reputation). Ticket collection probably not a bad idea for this one as long as its done in a sensible location and they are well staffed. Wouldn't want to waste another hour and a bit like in Glasgow.

Ticket collection will not be a good idea - city have never got this right and it interferes greatly with leisure time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.