Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Does the 5 English teams, assuming Liverpool qualify, including City and utd, mean it will take ages to work out who plays when?

Hoping For -----Benfica----Anderlect-----Red Bull Liepzeg
Been to Lisbon for Sporting but not Benfica
Never been to Anderlect
Red Bull coz its Germany so well organized and everyone hates them like us because of money

Pot 2 looks like the best pot to be in some strong teams we will avoid.
Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Dortmund, Manchester City, Porto, Manchester United
Wouldn't mind any of Benfica, Monaco, Spartak Moskva, Shakhtar Donetsk from pot 1.

Hoping For -----Benfica----Anderlect-----Red Bull Liepzeg
Been to Lisbon for Sporting but not Benfica
Never been to Anderlect
Red Bull coz its Germany so well organized and everyone hates them like us because of money

Just to be clear, we are nothing like Leipzig. We are both hated but for completely different reasons, and ones which have been discussed at length in the past. Vincent Kompany has been in Manchester longer than they've been in existence, and they exist for the sole reason of selling an energy drink.

Having said that, its actually quite a nice place to visit. Would rather somewhere I've not been before though.

Would like to avoid trips to Moscow, Kharkiv, Rome, and Glasgow.

Pot 1:

Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Chelsea
Juventus
Benfica
Monaco
Spartak Moscow
Shakhtar Donetsk

Pot 2:

Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
PSG
Borussia Dortmund
Sevilla
Manchester City
Porto
rag twats

Pot 3:

Napoli
Tottenham
Basel
Olympiakos
Anderlecht
Liverpool*
Roma
Besiktas

Pot 4:

Celtic
CSKA Moscow*
Copenhagen*
Sporting Lisbon*
APOEL Nicosia*
Feyenoord
Maribor
RB Leipzig

*While pots one, two and three are pretty much set, Wednesday’s Play-Off results can still create huge changes in pot four. CSKA Moscow take a one-goal lead back to Russia; Copenhagen need to overturn a 1-0 scoreline when they host Qarabag; Sporting need an away goal in Romania against FCSB; Liverpool take two precious away goals back to Anfield when they host Hoffenheim; and APOEL claimed a 2-0 lead away to Slavia Prague.

Benfica/Shakhtar from pot one, Anderlecht/Hoffenheim from pot three, and any from pot four, though I'd love either Leipzig or Feyenoord.

Pot 1 doesn't look that strong really. If we can avoid Bayern Munich I'm not too bothered about the rest.

We are more than capable of winning any group we get. We've seen off Real Madrid recently although they'd be a different proposition in a CL game rather than a pre-season one. Bayern aren't as frightening as they were but even so we've beaten them 3 times. Juve are the team that I'd be most worried about. They're difficult to score against and we aren't renowned for being clinical in front of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.