Champions League Final 3rd June 2017

That was in the 1950s
Along with Barcelona, they've enjoyed state sponsorship forever and a day. They are both called 'sporting clubs' which means their tax is the same as 'not for profit organisations' or charities. This was confirmed by the Spanish government in 1990, when they were not forced to become public companies but stay as socios or clubs run by their members. Going back to 2013, the Spanish government stated that Spanish football clubs owed £575M in unpaid tax, which was effectively written off. When Madrid were struggling in the 90's the government 'sold' them their new training facility site for about £15M under market value. As for debt, most of it is held by local banks who are not encouraged to chase that debt. Then there is the tv money that they have kept for themselves over the years. When Moyes was at Sociedad, Barca and Madrid got £105M each (just under 20% of the total), whilst Sociedad got £18M. The Spanish sports minister proposed cutting the money in a similar way to the PL but, just as legislation was to be passed, the Spanish government mysteriously changed its mind and that was that.
Finally they have the so called 'Beckham law'. This is for wealthy people resident in Spain, whereby they are only taxed on their Spanish earnings at a flat rate of 24.7%, instead of the rates payable by Spanish naturals (24-43%), for five years following the year they become resident. This allows them to pay net wages of £100,000 at a gross of about £125k, and in England it would be about £70k more. Multiply that a few times and you can see how they had many advantages over many years.

So many people told me he was overated and shite on this forum when he played for Spurs. He ran the show in midfield for us, Madrid got a steal at 32m!

Sensational footballer. Underrated by many.

Wasn't he voted the worst buy in many years just 6 months after being bought by Real? Or something daft like that.

Just goes to show the fickleness/stupidity of some fans.

Madness man! Go look through that Spurs side he played in ( you'll already be aware ), full of average players but they had Bale and Modric who carried that team together. 100% a steal mate, such an intelligent player. Imagine Modric in your side today!
He'd run the show now (he always did though) we would have been champions with him, but I couldn't blame him for leaving. I'm just glad he didn't go to Chelsea

Senational footballer. Underrated by many.

Wasn't he voted the worst buy in many years just 6 months after being bought by Real? Or something daft like that.

Just goes to show the fickleness/stupidity of some fans.
Yep something like that mate. He soon got adjusted there and they love him. I think people see his stats on fantasy football and assumed he was shite. It wouldn't surprise me if his stats are similar at Madrid too

Haven't posted on this thread yet but in my opinion Juventus embarassed themselves with a lack of ambition and effort and City probably would've done a better job.

They have brought through players & still are doing. They also sign big players for big money.

Casemiro and Carvajal were both loaned, or sold with a buy-back clause, before eventually returning to the Bernabeu

When asked why English clubs don’t follow suit,, the World Soccer correspondent on Radio 5 Live gave Unal’s transfer to Villarreal, with an £18m buy-back clause as a recent example.

Casemiro and Carvajal were both loaned, or sold with a buy-back clause, before eventually returning to the Bernabeu

When asked why English clubs don’t follow suit,, the World Soccer correspondent on Radio 5 Live gave Unal’s transfer to Villarreal, with an £18m buy-back clause as a recent example.

Possible similar will happen with Kelechi, if we sign another attacker. It's much more fair to the player(s) than having them play 2nd team football into their 20s.

As much as I hate CR7, this season he's been spectacular - he's simply killed it.

I thought that RM were the best squad going into the CL with Bayern a very close second. Bayern got screwed by poor refereeing - nonetheless, the currently best squad in world football won the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.