Champions League Games | Last 16 | 13/14 Feb

No, they’re out because they were up against top teams. Basel and Porto are there because they were up against pub teams. I’m sorry but there’s no way on earth the champions of Portugal should be in pot 1 and the second place team in England/Spain/Germany should be in pot 2. It’s stupid because you’ll end up with shit teams like Basel and Porto in the knock out stages.

Got to give the lesser sides a chance some how. Do it your way there's no point them being in to at all may as well just got to a straight best 16 teams knockout.

No, they’re out because they were up against top teams. Basel and Porto are there because they were up against pub teams. I’m sorry but there’s no way on earth the champions of Portugal should be in pot 1 and the second place team in England/Spain/Germany should be in pot 2. It’s stupid because you’ll end up with shit teams like Basel and Porto in the knock out stages.

I get your point, but IMO it was stupider when Arsenal was getting into pot 1 with chances at easy draws year after year because they were leaning on past years' performances.

No system can be made perfect as long as the "no same league" rule exists for the group stages.

Didn't even think Real were that good tonight yet at a flick of a switch they won 3 1.

Kroos conned the ref and on another night Ramos' handball would have been noticed.

But Madrid are European royalty an PSG aren't.

Makes you wonder what's the point of taking part in it. What chance is there for others when even Bayern can feel hard done by v Madrid e.g in last year's semi.

Kroos was definitely a dive. But anyway how wank is that Lo Celso guy.

Marcelo losing the ball in dangerous area and going down when nobody touched him and gets a free-kick.

I thought Tottenham were the dive masters and top thugs generally but even they got nothing on Madrid and Barca.

I have had enough of the CL.

I think PSG suffer real bad from playing in a really weak league. Week in week out piss easy games and then to make that step up to one of the worlds best once/twice a season must be hard. At least with us we’re playing high level teams week in week out in England.
Very good point
. Real had a big home advantage and used it well. La liga is much more competitive and they used that experience tonight .Let's see what the second leg brings however. Not over yet . Real have been living on Ronaldo far too much and it hasn't always worked out. Let's see how he does in Paris .
As for us I think we will be a match for any team in this If we can keep tight defensively and our mistakes lessen. If we get thru to quarters which we most probably will then we will not fear anyone. Liverpool will not want to meet us whatever they might say in public fora and our boys will have learned so much since the 4:3 defeat at their place. Over 2 legs we can score more goals imo.
Barca are the team no one wants to meet. But we've beaten them before and we've improved since then. Pep will give us freedom & courage ( risk) to express ourselves, you know - " -
“We are an honest team. We have the personality to have 60 70 80 90 per cent possession
“People say the way we tried to play in Barcelona, in England it’s not possible. It’s possible."

“Always it’s possible to play football, to try to keep the ball, to have courage.”

This is the key:
“That means we want to play. We came here to play and that’s why I’m so satisfied.” - after Trafford victory

Some teams don't want to play. Ok .
Do you want to play ? Anyone ? Hmm?
Cmon ! We want to play . Bring it on .

PSG were shite. Non of their big 3 strike partnership could be arsed passing to each other and their defending was shocking. Real were pretty shoddy too.
We'll beat either if these two over two legs. Only Barca and Liverpool to wory about.

Last edited:
PSG marginally better team but Madrid won the mental battle. Neymar looked pissed off at the prospect of playing in the French league for the rest of the season and watching the real action from the sidelines. Cue a few months of recriminations and backstabbing at PSG with Jose being lined up as new manager in the summer.

If Real deal the tie in Paris, I'd go with that prediction.

We should beat Lpool.

The last match v Lpool our keeper made an error, another day our keep dismantled Spurs with his distribution.

To beat them though, we mustn't play Sterling. They have put a spell on him.

Play Bernardo instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.