Champions league groups 2017/18

looking at the groups seeds and tuesday and Wednesday games when you can only have 1 team playing on the same night from each town
its not going to be a open draw again you watch city will be put in a group with real madrid and uefa saying the rules are rules
I can see City get a very negative press and some bad calls from refs, but I don't believe for a moment they rig the draws against us.

Like many I go away for the match, but also for a city break. 3-4 days.

TBH I still hate the CL and UEFA. Seeing Gill celebrating last night told us all exactly what we already knew. Regardless of all the powerful positions he holds in English and European football, he is first and foremost a Manchester United fan.(and director) And he will do whatever he can, and has done, as we all know, to keep United at the top and in the CL, which United's largest sponsorship deals are tied to.

The fact that United go straight into pot 2 after winning the EL is a joke. Winning the EL should be pot 4. Finishing 6th and winning the EL, which most fans aren't interested in, and was rescued by UEFA giving the winning team a CL place, is a farce. Liverpool have finished 4th. It could have been us. They now have to go into a play off. United finished 6th. And stayed there for most of the season. Yet they've been handed a CL pot 2 place, and will avoid many of the top teams. Unfortunately with UEFA, Gill, and the cartel clubs running the CL show, nothing will change. In fact, it will probably get worse, with new qualifying rules that will favour the cartel clubs in the future.

funny thing is united will get to defend the europa league next season

they are miles away in the premier league 6th and on many views this season been helped along the way so champions league football will not last long and i don't see united getting to the knockout stage so back in the europa league and the story will have to start again

What I don't understand is how Spartak and Shaktar are in pot 1. From memory, neither of them have outstanding CL records. And is Russian football that highly ranked in UEFA?

looking at the groups seeds and tuesday and Wednesday games when you can only have 1 team playing on the same night from each town
its not going to be a open draw again you watch city will be put in a group with real madrid and uefa saying the rules are rules
I don't have a problem with us being drawn with one of the "big guns" in Pot 1, in fact getting Juve in our group would be a big advantage as we would avoid Napoli who I see as the danger team in Pot 3.

What I don't understand is how Spartak and Shaktar are in pot 1. From memory, neither of them have outstanding CL records. And is Russian football that highly ranked in UEFA?

Pot 1 is reserved now for the champions of the top 8 countries in the UEFA ranking system. As the top 4 countries tend to dominate the CL and EL, the others (currently France, Russia, Portugal and Ukraine) don't have to do much more than reach a few quarter finals and the odd semi or final to boost their ranking points.

Pot 1 is reserved now for the champions of the top 8 countries in the UEFA ranking system. As the top 4 countries tend to dominate the CL and EL, the others (currently France, Russia, Portugal and Ukraine) don't have to do much more than reach a few quarter finals and the odd semi or final to boost their ranking points.
Yeah; I knew about pot 1 being champions only. I'm just amazed that there aren't 8 higher ranked leagues. Dutch? Portuguese? Belgian? All lower than Russia?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.