Champions league k/off times next year

Didn't we have a home game in the Europa league that was something like a 6.30pm KO because it was on a Champions League night?

Blimey I wouldnt even make it home in time to see kick off at 5.55 never mind make it from work to the ground and to my seat.

I can't see another thread on this. We'll be having teatime kickoffs in the CL next season.

"There is no change to the formats from the group stage onwards but there will be staggered kick-offs – 18.55CET and 21.00CET – in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League"

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html#/

(Is there anywhere in Europe where they still have a siesta - work 9-2 and 4-7?)

Last edited:
Doubt any of the 5.55 kick offs will be in the UK. Think there was a thread on it a while ago.

I've just had a glance on that link to see if there is an explanation as to WHY there are 5:55 GMT/BST KOs. Nothing. I just assume that it's at the broadcaster's behest. I wish every shilling i had was worth half of the broadcaster's shilling!

Anyway, a wet Tuesday in Manchester can't get any wetter than the Monchengladbach fixture!

I've just had a glance on that link to see if there is an explanation as to WHY there are 5:55 GMT/BST KOs. Nothing. I just assume that it's at the broadcaster's behest. I wish every shilling i had was worth half of the broadcaster's shilling!

Anyway, a wet Tuesday in Manchester can't get any wetter than the Monchengladbach fixture!
Probably broadcasters yes, then again fans of some easten European teams would probably welcome the earlier kick off instead of kicking off at 8.45or 9 45 to keep our broadcasters happy,

Some parts of Russia are seven to twelve hours ahead of us (yes, I know we’ve not seen a CL team from this region)

Khazakstan and some parts of Russia are six hours ahead of us (nor here)

Western Russia, Balarus and Turkey are three hours ahead of us

Finland Estonia Latvia Lithuania Ukraine Moldova Romania Bulgaria Greece Cyprus and Israel are two hours ahead of us

Everyone else bar Portugal is one hour ahead of us.

It might be 17:55 here but it won’t be in 95% of the counties that play in the CL

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.