Champions League Squad 2016-2017

BlueDeadHead

Didn't see a thread already. Merge or delete please if this is already out there.

This list will obviously change over the coming weeks. This is my best understanding of what we have right now (I am sure there are a few mistakes in the list). MDM is officially gone and I am assuming Kolarov is as well.

Foreign spots (17)
1 Gundogan
2 Nolito
3 Aguero
4 Silva
5 KDB
6 Fernandinho
7 Kompany
8 Otamendi
9 Sagna
10 Fernando
11 Iheanacho (I don't believe he qualifies at U21 until he has been here two years since his work permit)
12 Navas
13 Mangala
14 Nasri
15 Bony
16 Willy
17 Zabs
----------------------------- Cutoff line
18 Yaya

English Trained (4)
1 Hart
2 Clichy
3 Sterling
4 Delph

U21 (Unlimited)
1 Denayer

Academy Trained (4)
1 N/A
2 N/A
3 N/A
4 N/A

That leaves us currently with one foreign player too many and in a position where every incoming (English or not) requires an outgoing. If Zinchenko was bought for the first team, that is one more that would need to go (though he theoretically could have been purchased for just the English campaign).

Iheanacho should qualify on 3rd October for the b list. He could play in the play-offs then miss 2 games and not have to be on the a list.

Can you add him to the list in October? My understanding was we can only name a list before the groups start and before the knockouts start.

Assuming that Zabaleta and Bony will also go freeing up those spots for Zinchenko and another foreign player (maybe Leroy Sane). If John Stones comes in, which English player out of the Association-trained quote of 4 will be dropped? Delph?

Can you add him to the list in October? My understanding was we can only name a list before the groups start and before the knockouts start.

He can, but that was based on him signing for the club on his 18th birthday, but not sure if the permit being later negates that. B list is fluid though.

Assuming that Zabaleta and Bony will also go freeing up those spots for Zinchenko and another foreign player (maybe Leroy Sane). If John Stones comes in, which English player will be dropped? Delph?

Don't think we can assume an English player will be dropped. We can have more than 4 English...he would just have to take a foreign spot.

He can, but that was based on him signing for the club on his 18th birthday, but not sure if the permit being later negates that. B list is fluid though.

Gotcha....A list is locked in at the end of August and end of January but the B list we can add at any time...that makes sense. I think the rule says he has to be eligible to play for us for 24 months before being U21 so by that reading, it is his work permit date not his signing date.

Don't think we can assume an English player will be dropped. We can have more than 4 English...he would just have to take a foreign spot.

We can have more than 4 English if they're homegrown but we can only have four who are association-trained by another club (Hart, Clichy, Sterling, Delph)

We can have more than 4 English if they're homegrown but we can only have four who are association-trained by another club (Hart, Clichy, Sterling, Delph)

You are misunderstanding me. We can have as many as we want...they would just have to take a foreign spot. 5 English and 16 Foreign still works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.