champions league - strongest leagues

pirate

Looking at the last 10 years

the 10 winners include 3 from england, 3 from spain, 3 from italy, 1 from portugal
looking closer thats 3 different clubs from england, 2 different clubs from Italy, one spanish and one portugese club.

the 20 finalist include 8 from england, 5 from italy, 3 from germany, 3 from spain and one each from portugal and france.
looking closer thats 4 different english clubs, 3 italian clubs and one each from spain, portugal, france and germany

got to say that makes the English Premier League look like the strongest and deepest league in europe.

for info

English clubs
Manchester United*
Liverpool*
chelsea*
Arsenal

Italian clubs
AC Milan*
Inter Milan*
Juve

Spain
Barcelona*

France
Monaco

Portugal
Porto*

Germany
Bayern Munich

* indicates winners

Aren't we more probable to succeed in this comp having 4 teams qualify each year?

I don't judge how strong a league is based on winning this tournament, I judge how strong a league is based on it's ability to produce home grown talent and for me Spain is miles ahead....

How many Spanish play in their first division?
How many English play in their first division?
How many German play....

This will show you the strongest league.

Don't see many English players playing abroad.

People earlier where saying how the prem was weak earlier this season. Now the champions league winner is 6th in the premier league.

Why Always Ste said:
Aren't we more probable to succeed in this comp having 4 teams qualify each year?

I don't judge how strong a league is based on winning this tournament, I judge how strong a league is based on it's ability to produce home grown talent and for me Spain is miles ahead....

How many Spanish play in their first division?
How many English play in their first division?
How many German play....

This will show you the strongest league.

Don't see many English players playing abroad.

specious arguments.
The English premier league pays the highest wages so English talent has virtually no incentive to move to other leagues

The number of quality players playing in each league will show its strength not where those players were developed. For an analogy, Crewe Alexander produce a lot of talent but they are not a strong side.

Spain and germany also have 4 qualifiers and Italy did as well for the majority of that 10 year period.

Curiously the 3 English wins have come from spot kicks.

This year though the Spanish have won the European debate hands down.

KenTheLandlord said:

Have they? Didn't see Ronaldo or Messi in the final...

alky313 said:
KenTheLandlord said:

Have they? Didn't see Ronaldo or Messi in the final...

A poor effort at a Clarky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.