Champions league support

I always want the other English teams in Europe to lose, a) because you're talking about the rags, the dippers and the Arse, who are all detestable clubs with detestable managers and detestable fans, and b) because their success would in no way benefit us. Unless you're one of those small town patriots, who support small town clubs (think those Barmy Army flags you see at Test matches: Chorley Clarets, Ringwood Saints, Cirencester Robins, etc), I can't think of any reason you would ever want an immediate rival to win. The opposition could boast a front 3 comprising Hitler, Myra Hindley and Jacob Rees-Mogg, and I'd still want them to beat Maureen's mob

I always want the other English teams in Europe to lose, a) because you're talking about the rags, the dippers and the Arse, who are all detestable clubs with detestable managers and detestable fans, and b) because their success would in no way benefit us. Unless you're one of those small town patriots, who support small town clubs (think those Barmy Army flags you see at Test matches: Chorley Clarets, Ringwood Saints, Cirencester Robins, etc), I can't think of any reason you would ever want an immediate rival to win. The opposition could boast a front 3 comprising Hitler, Myra Hindley and Jacob Rees-Mogg, and I'd still want them to beat Maureen's mob
I totally agree, (if you swap Rees-Mogg for corbyn). I support City, nobody else, including England. Although i do like the underdog to win in cup games especially if it knocks out one of our bigger rivals.

if rags, chelsea, pool get to the final I won't want them to win same with real, if any of them play each other in the final, I probably won't watch as it has no interest for me

I always want the other English teams in Europe to lose, a) because you're talking about the rags, the dippers and the Arse, who are all detestable clubs with detestable managers and detestable fans, and b) because their success would in no way benefit us. Unless you're one of those small town patriots, who support small town clubs (think those Barmy Army flags you see at Test matches: Chorley Clarets, Ringwood Saints, Cirencester Robins, etc), I can't think of any reason you would ever want an immediate rival to win.The opposition could boast a front 3 comprising Hitler, Myra Hindley and Jacob Rees-Mogg, and I'd still want them to beat Maureen's mob
Don't know who the other two are, but I think Hitler would have played on the right.

Any football fan who loves the game must appreciate watching us play whether they admit it or not, I'm not concerned.

I think United Liverpool Arsenal Spurs Everton Villa Newcastle and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea fans begrudge us the most and hate that have become successful. Most of them don't want us to win anything as they are jealous. They didn't give a toss when we couldn't compete but they hate us now as they just think we're buying success. Never bothered united fans when they bought camel gob for 30 mil, when at that time we were signing players for a few hundred grand or free transfers, was ok for them to ruin football when no other clubs could compete with them. I always wanted Liverpool to win the European cup as it was back then as I admired their brilliant football, plus it was one of the few ways of getting back at the rags who were always quick to belittle us.

I enjoyed Forest twice winning the European cup, and I was happy for Chelsea when they won it. Part of me was happy for united to win it in 99 as they are English after all.

Nowadays, through all of the derisory hateful and jealous comments I've read on RAWK, Ragcafe Gooners world and in particular Spurs fighting cock forum, they can all fuck right off.

Don't know who the other two are, but I think Hitler would have played on the right.

Ha ha!

For the record, Myra Hindley was one half of Britain's most infamous child murdering double act in the 1960's, and Jacob Rees-Mogg is a ghastly, God fearing, British politician, slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun. Think Mike Pence, only an upper-class twit into the bargain

I always want the other English teams in Europe to lose, a) because you're talking about the rags, the dippers and the Arse, who are all detestable clubs with detestable managers and detestable fans, and b) because their success would in no way benefit us. Unless you're one of those small town patriots, who support small town clubs (think those Barmy Army flags you see at Test matches: Chorley Clarets, Ringwood Saints, Cirencester Robins, etc), I can't think of any reason you would ever want an immediate rival to win.

I agree. The only benefit, I think, of other English teams winning is keeping four places in the UCL but the less success our immediate rivals have the better.

That said, there are times when I'm not averse to a club making a rare appearance in European competition having a decent run.

My feelings towards other English clubs being successful on the European stage has changed over the last few years.

Mainly due to the fact that I’ve heard so much shit from supporters of Arsenal, spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Everton in-particular about our owners and subsequent success that I’ve no time even talking to them, never mind wishing them well should they find themselves in a position to win something.

I used to think anybody but Utd and would be fairly happy for the supporters of the other clubs mentioned to win stuff, as long as it wasn’t Utd, I was satisfied.

Nowadays I find myself smiling when Everton are getting dicked by Atalanta or Apollon, when Juventus are showing Spurs that they’re still small time and when Arsenal are getting smashed at the last 16 stage of the champions league every time they get there.

Back in the day, I’d have been fairly pleased for Arsenal had they have beaten Barcelona in the champions league final for example.

Last edited:
Should we make the final versus a European side, who will the (at that point) neutrals in the UK support? Friends here in the States, supporters of spurs, dippers, arsenal etc. who I have asked tell me there is no way they will support City. Considering the sides they support I'll be happy to be beside them in the pub when we raise the cup. What do fellow blues think?
I hope everyone wants us to lose apart from our own fanbase. Fuck ‘em! Especially these no marks from the States, couldn’t give a fuck about a single one of these “pick a team and pretend you’re a supporter” JCLs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.