Champions league support

I always want the other English teams in Europe to lose, a) because you're talking about the rags, the dippers and the Arse, who are all detestable clubs with detestable managers and detestable fans, and b) because their success would in no way benefit us. Unless you're one of those small town patriots, who support small town clubs (think those Barmy Army flags you see at Test matches: Chorley Clarets, Ringwood Saints, Cirencester Robins, etc), I can't think of any reason you would ever want an immediate rival to win. The opposition could boast a front 3 comprising Hitler, Myra Hindley and Jacob Rees-Mogg, and I'd still want them to beat Maureen's mob

So you got Hitler on the right, Hindley just behind, and Mogg the big fellah up top.

Funny enough I used to be very much a support the English clubs in Europe believer ....apart from the rags naturally.

Must admit I have changed now and added the dippers and Spurs to my list of hoping they would lose, No view either way on Arsenal, and for some reason dont mind Chelsea in Europe.

I wouldn't want most of them to win in Europe tbh*, so can understand why they wouldn't want us to win.

*made an exception for Fulham v Atleti, Chelsea v Bayern and Chelsea v Rags.

I was quite happy for Chelsea when they won it.

Might have had something to do with still being on a high after Aguerooooooo tho

Nobody will want us to win. Thats nothing to do with jealousy or bitterness, its just natural. I've never once wanted another team to do well unless there was some form of benefit towards city or if I simply disliked the opposition more. I expect the same kind of mentality from fans of other clubs towards us and there's nothing wrong with that.

well when chelsea beat bayern i was in a pub in town with city mates and a few rags. the whole pub erupted when chelsea won. maybe the rags were pretending but everyone seemed so happy that an english team had won.

I don't mind Chelsea to be honest. The only time I hated them was during Mourinho's second stint, and even then he helped to stop the 11 game winning run of Liverpool (at Anfield) and handed the initiative to us. So, still ok with them winning, say for example this season's FA Cup above Spurs or United. I don't want them to win CL anymore. They have had their day in 2012.

Well one of my neighbours, a Villa fan, will be supporting us. When she saw me in my top getting ready to go go Chelsea last week she came out and raved about the way we play " You're so lucky" she concluded "Beautiful, beutiful football", she said. "They remind me of Brazil in 1970 - so refreshing - not that horrible anti-football that Mouriniho serves up at Utd"....
What could I say but agree with her.

Well one of my neighbours, a Villa fan, will be supporting us. When she saw me in my top getting ready to go go Chelsea last week she came out and raved about the way we play " You're so lucky" she concluded "Beautiful, beutiful football", she said. "They remind me of Brazil in 1970 - so refreshing - not that horrible anti-football that Mouriniho serves up at Utd"....
What could I say but agree with her.

Do you think she was after your baby gravy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.