Champs League Draw

squirtyflower said:
sjk2008 said:
squirtyflower said:
for one, i wouldn't
what you and your fellow sneerers don't realise is, that a lot of posters would like to go some where different than Munich and Moscow again

Personally I'd love Barca next week, St Petersburg in October and a trip to Rome in December.
All of them are far preferable than a wet and windy afternoon in the godforsaken hole that is Oldham

Yeah, of course you would.

As for the Oldham comparison, well yeah. I agree.
of course, the omnipotent hurrikeen would know exactly what I'm thinking and also what my future plans are
your magnificence overwhelms us

Barcelona in September would mean a few days of tapas and the beach in the Autumnal sun
St Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe steeped in history and a must see
Rome, is well Rome, where round every street corner you happen across ancient history, complete with huge piazzas flanked with cafes and gorgeous women

I agree with your descriptions. I'm sure Moscow is enriched in history, Munich is wonderful in the autumn/winter and Rome is as you say.

Presumably I can mention Munich & Moscow? Or is it because you've already played them that you're playing their attractiveness down? If that's the case, then you played Barca last year too so you can ignore them.

There was bad feeling after the Barca away game about Champions League, it was pretty obvious with the songs leaving the ground most of us are fed up with the CL now and getting a group like this again with 2 of the same teams from last year is the nail in the coffin for me. It's setup to be the most exciting, hardest football competition there is but it's just ruined by blatant bias (that's being kind, it's most probably fixed)

sjk2008 said:
squirtyflower said:
sjk2008 said:
and yet if you get drawn with Barcelona, Zenit & Roma, which would be equally as hard as the one you have been drawn in this year, people will still be claiming "fix!"
for one, i wouldn't
what you and your fellow sneerers don't realise is, that a lot of posters would like to go some where different than Munich and Moscow again

Personally I'd love Barca next week, St Petersburg in October and a trip to Rome in December.
All of them are far preferable than a wet and windy afternoon in the godforsaken hole that is Oldham

Platini. Stopping city fans visiting new cities since 2014.

Pigeonho said:
sjk2008 said:
squirtyflower said:
for one, i wouldn't

on a non-agenda note, do you agree that the draw is stale and would be better if it was rejigged to freshen it up?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pigeonho said:
sjk2008 said:

on a non-agenda note, do you agree that the draw is stale and would be better if it was rejigged to freshen it up?
Definitely. Infact not just the draw, the entire competition. I'd prefer to see the Champions League be just that - for the champions. Will never happen, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.