Changes to the Driving Test

What part of what you highlighted don't you understand ?

My daughter passed her test last July. To keep her Insurance down, she had a black box fitted. Each month she gets a report on her driving from her insurance company. If her driving is satisfactory she gets rewards like extra milage allowance, and also a reduced premium on next renewal.

She caused a fuss at first but now accepts it. Keeps her focused on good driving habits knowing her speed and driving performance is constantly being monitored.

What part of what you highlighted don't you understand ?

My daughter passed her test last July. To keep her Insurance down, she had a black box fitted. Each month she gets a report on her driving from her insurance company. If her driving is satisfactory she gets rewards like extra milage allowance, and also a reduced premium on next renewal.

She caused a fuss at first but now accepts it. Keeps her focused on good driving habits knowing her speed and driving performance is constantly being monitored.

Should we have compulsory black box for all road vehicles?

This is all well and good, but did you know that you can drive in the UK for up to a year on any driving licence in the world? I'm living in Morocco and if it was up to me, I wouldn't let anyone with a licence from this country on the roads in the UK. Most of them can't even keep in a lane when driving in a straight line (not an exaggeration). Elsewhere, you wonder how many of those super rich spoilt brats have ever even taken a test before they're given a licence and allowed on the roads in the UK in their 200mph supercars? For countries where test standards are similar to the UK, obviously that makes sense, but why are we trusting the licences of countries with a fatality rate 10 times that of the UK? Should a Saudi prince (fatality rate 27.4 per 100,000) really be allowed to drive a Bugatti Veyron on the streets of the UK (fatality rate: 2.9 per 100,000) without passing a UK test?

I know it comes across a bit Daily Mail, but I've lived in too many countries with shocking driving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.